Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]

Author Topic: How many things can break down? *****!  (Read 32577 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: How many things can break down? *****!
« Reply #135 on: January 08, 2017, 04:38:41 PM »

Our heating went on strike last night  :sigh: - at least we have an open fire, plus a camper van if the house becomes too cold  ;)

Ju Ju

« Reply #136 on: January 08, 2017, 05:14:04 PM »

It always happens when it's cold! You are fortunate to have open fire. We don't, but did invest in a Calor gas heater after the hurricane in '87. Not often needed thank goodness. Do you have someone to call when you have problems and for servicing of course. At least it's Monday tomorrow.

cubagirl

« Reply #137 on: January 08, 2017, 05:22:17 PM »

We have a very old fashioned fan heater which does the job on occasion.  Hate it when central heating gives up.  Never happens in the summer does it!  We got some fangled contraption fitted beside our boiler as it was always losing pressure & cutting out.  Been worth it's money though, touch wood!

We were living in a horrid draughty hole of a house during that hurricane, though we didn't get it quite so bad.  Think it was rather a bad winter into the bargain.  We had a 3 bar radiator in the living room & calor gas heater in our hall.  We had ice over an inch thick at bottom of some windows.  Our daughter was just two at the time.  At bedtime, we took the fan heater upstairs to try & keep warm. 
« Last Edit: January 08, 2017, 05:26:21 PM by cubagirl »

Ju Ju

« Reply #138 on: January 08, 2017, 07:01:10 PM »

We had no electricity for over a week! The joys of living in the country. My children were little too, so we had to decamp to my parents home, as they live in a town, so their electricity was connected very quickly. Poor DH survived on his own, cold except when he went to work, as a policeman. They had a generator at the police station, so at least he was warm there. I actually slept through it! Little children wear you out!

CLKD

« Reply #139 on: January 08, 2017, 07:03:17 PM »

The boiler was surfaced in Sept., will give the Company a ring in the morning  ::).  Fire lit.  Various heaters ready to carry round the house, plus electric blanket but think that I will miss my bath ......

Ju Ju

« Reply #140 on: January 08, 2017, 07:07:21 PM »

You will appreciate your Bath even more once it's all sorted!

cubagirl

« Reply #141 on: January 08, 2017, 07:11:18 PM »

My Hubby was a policeman too Ju Ju.  Sure that was winter when the Thorn Birds was on TV.  There were power cuts galore & I thought I'd miss an episode.  On evening of the last episode we had a power cut.  I was gutted.  Hubby was working, so it was just me on my own after putting daughter to bed.  Then just as it was due to start, on came the power.  My friends who lived a couple of miles away, were gutted as they didn't have power. 

Hope you get it sorted CLKD. 

CLKD

« Reply #142 on: January 08, 2017, 07:12:22 PM »

Was that the Winter of Discontent then cuabgirl?  Oh how I loved The Thorn Birds, that book and Penmarric will go to my Desert Island, along with my 8 records.

CLKD

« Reply #143 on: January 08, 2017, 07:23:59 PM »

Crikey!  Have you seen the forecast  :o
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]