Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 168

Author Topic: Strange weather  (Read 418477 times)

jenny

Re: Strange weather
« Reply #30 on: June 26, 2011, 12:51:50 PM »

Weather is gorgeous here today, sun, sun and so lovely, shops are almost empty of salad and b.b.q. goods.

jenny

viv

« Reply #31 on: June 26, 2011, 01:20:07 PM »

Well just for a change we have rain  :-\.

I am so fed up with this weather and the unrelenting grey skies, it really starting to get me down.
The schools in Scotland break up for "summer" this week and thats a sure sign its going to rain some more.

I need some heat for my creaking bones.

Honeyb
x

silverlady

« Reply #32 on: June 26, 2011, 02:55:20 PM »

At this moment the humidity is so bad here  I can hardly breathe  :o  there are very dark clouds and it looks as if we are going to have a

storm, its not fair we have not had the hot sun that usually goes before a thunderstorm   :'(

silverlady x

But I do love a good thunderstorm  ;D

Bette

« Reply #33 on: June 26, 2011, 03:06:12 PM »

Hot sun here - thank goodness we have a cool house! Just being out in it for a few minutes to hang out/take in the washing is too much for me. I've aleady got a little patch of heat rash!  :( The dog isn't impressed either!  ::) Lovely to look at but not to be in. Looking forward to going to the cool supermarket tomorrow in the air-conditioned car.  8)
Bette x

Christine662

« Reply #34 on: June 26, 2011, 05:02:43 PM »

My little dog, dachshund x staffie (long with short legs & chunky body, little dachshund head - bless)

Gets all hot & bothered, we try to keep him in the shade, but for some reason he likes to roll around the lawn in the sun, but hasnt got the sense to come out of it when he gets hot. Had to shut him indoors in the end.

Stumpy xx

Jelly Baby

« Reply #35 on: June 26, 2011, 08:13:14 PM »

Larky, ha ha that is a lovely picture of your dog, he doesn't look impressed at all!!  ;D ;D :scottie:

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #36 on: June 26, 2011, 09:05:54 PM »

PHEW! hot or what!  ::) - been traipsing round open gardens with 100s of other people, lovely ideas but our garden is the best  ;)

Taz2

« Reply #37 on: June 27, 2011, 06:48:56 AM »

I spent yesterday walking along Bempton Cliffs near Flamborough at the RSPB Reserve and the sea breeze was wonderfully cooling - the smell of the bird poo was a bit overpowering at times though  ;D  There was something surreal about watching the gannets gliding around on such a lovely day - for once I enjoyed some summer weather!! We forgot the time though and didn't set off on our journey home of almost 300 miles until 5.30 - the going was a bit slow at times  :meltdown:  Now... to work.. unfortunately

Taz x

Joyce

« Reply #38 on: June 27, 2011, 12:30:46 PM »

Thundery rain, clammy and never had the sunshine. Pants!

Jelly Baby

« Reply #39 on: June 27, 2011, 12:39:38 PM »

I'm watching the tennis on TV right now - it's too hot to be outside. I don't envy the players out there in the 29 degrees heat. Why does the weather go from one extreme to the other in this country? It's rarely consistently pleasant  ??? (although I'm sure it used to be when I was a girl? Maybe that's something to do with the sense of time going slower when you're a child, coupled with more time spent outside?)

Joyce

« Reply #40 on: June 27, 2011, 12:41:45 PM »

Watching tennis too. John McEnroe said at the beginning that temp in centre court was 40 degrees.  Ouch!  No wonder everyone is sitting fanning themselves.

Joyce

« Reply #41 on: June 27, 2011, 12:44:34 PM »

Poor you Larky, that's a horrid feeling when it's hot & sticky.  A nice cool drink/ice lolly to help rehydrate yourself may help.  I bought lots of lollies a while back when we had the good spell in April.  Been there ever since!

Jelly Baby

« Reply #42 on: June 27, 2011, 12:55:20 PM »

Well OH accused me of being very tetchy earlier! (But maybe that's him causing it rather than the heat!)

Joyce

« Reply #43 on: June 27, 2011, 12:57:58 PM »

No you're not alone Larky.  Sometimes wish they would go away!  I think it's because we are struggling to stay "in control" when we feel that way.  I've sometimes taken myself off to a cool place either at home or one holiday, just to try & get some peace & quiet until I feel a bit better.  Hubby has got used to me vanishing from time to time.

viv

« Reply #44 on: June 27, 2011, 07:00:26 PM »

Well I have an open invite to the bonny West Coast of Scotland for all you overly hot meno ladies.

17 degrees and cloudy with a little breeze coming of the sea.

All welcome   :) :)

We can have a nice cuppa in the cool garden.

Honeyb
x
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 168