Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Aspergers  (Read 11222 times)

Ju Ju

Re: Aspergers
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2016, 12:57:44 PM »

What if you were able to take on board you are a loveable, amazing and wonderful being and did not need to be told this by other people?

How would your relationship look like to you then? Would loving unconditionally be easier then?

Could you then really appreciate the lovely qualities your man has?

Learning to love unconditionally is a huge relief. You can say positive things to people with no expectation. No need for 'l love you too' to follow your saying 'l love you' and no disappointment when not returned. Because you know he cares about you.

I can suggest a couple of books about unconditional love and about coming to terms with the fact that you are amazing and lovable.

booboo

« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2016, 03:22:43 PM »

Ju Ju
what you have said has really struck chords with me, and made think/view things from another angle..
I thank you for that..
Would you mind sending in Pm the books you suggest..
Many Thanks

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2016, 05:17:10 PM »

Good advice Ju Ju - it took a while for Himself to reply with "I love you too" but eventually it filtered through  ::).  At the start of a relationship we need to feel validated, so being told without having to ask makes a difference.  As the relationship grew I was shown through actions that I am loved.

How did you meet booboo?

booboo

« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2016, 01:30:00 PM »

Think most of us females like to hear those three words when we have feelings for a man - I assumes he just does not feel that way about me,  although in other ways  & at times he can be very caring and sweet ...

CLKD

« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2016, 01:45:46 PM »

One should *never* assume anything  ;).  Have you asked him where he sees your friendship going?

booboo

« Reply #20 on: June 16, 2016, 02:22:16 PM »

I once half joking hinted at the possibility of living together & he developed a stutter & went a funny shade of green..

CLKD

« Reply #21 on: June 16, 2016, 02:28:31 PM »

May I giggle  ::)

Are you out and about separately with people who will boost your confidence?

booboo

« Reply #22 on: June 16, 2016, 04:35:23 PM »

yes!! you have my permission to giggle ckld  :)

I do get out and about, but not as much as I would like - it can be quite tricky being single & of a certain age

CLKD

« Reply #23 on: June 16, 2016, 05:27:45 PM »

Do you have hobbies?

Dulciana

« Reply #24 on: June 17, 2016, 09:12:25 PM »

Booboo, you say women have come and gone in his life.  It sounds as though they didn't have the understanding of this man that you do.  I can see this is obviously a challenge to you, but you sound like somebody who he is lucky to have close to him.  I really do take my hat off to you and I wish you all the best in your relationship.   :)    Dulciana.

booboo

« Reply #25 on: June 18, 2016, 03:41:55 PM »

Dulciana ..
You are right, it has been/is very challenging at times & I miss aspects of the kind of relationship neuro typicals tend to have ..
It took  me a long time to understand him & realise that it wasn't that he didn't find me attractive, young enough or this or that & not take it personally & be full of self doubt..  I value him as a person and he  has lots of good/kind traits, but I do struggle with missing the emotional closeness that I have had in the past..
Thank you for your kind words x

CLKD

« Reply #26 on: August 23, 2016, 10:10:44 PM »

:thankyou:

RedFraggle

« Reply #27 on: August 24, 2016, 07:55:43 AM »

I'm also married to a man with AS. It's challenging at times but some of the traits are what attracted me in the first place. We manage to make things work despite sometimes seeming to speak entirely different languages.

Ju Ju

« Reply #28 on: August 24, 2016, 09:21:27 AM »

Sometimes men and women seem to belong to different species anyway, let alone different languages!

It's accepting and celebrating our differences that can make it work. Along with love and respect. Different relationships work for different reasons.

I find it fascinating looking from the outside at how and why some relationships work and others don't. Maybe it's because some people come into relationships open and without unrealistic expectations, while others don't.

My son and his wife fascinate me. I think they are opposite in some ways. She is hyperactive and he laid back. They found something in each other that they needed. He calms her down and she gets him doing stuff he would never have thought of doing for himself, thereby enriching his life. However, they had some rocky patches. Both came to me separately, a few years ago, and I did my Mummy counselling bit that it was ok and healthy to be different, to accept those differences and let each other live life in the way they are and not try to change each other. They are very happy.

Redfraggle, you seem to have found your way with love. Enjoy.

RedFraggle

« Reply #29 on: August 24, 2016, 12:41:11 PM »

Yes, we have JuJu with a bit of help from an AS trained couples counsellor.
 We've been very lucky, it's way beyond the ilk of "men are from mars" but I can translate and speak aspie pretty well these days.
Pages: 1 [2] 3