HRT: Review when taking HRT
- Review on HRT
When commenced on HRT, or when HRT changed, see your doctor or nurse after 3 months to:
- assess effect of therapy
- discuss any side effects and bleeding pattern
- have check of blood pressure and weight
When settled on therapy see your doctor or nurse at least once per year to:
- Check effectiveness of therapy & presence of side effects.
- Update on best type of therapy for you.
- Discuss pros and cons of continuing HRT, in particular, discussing increased risk of breast cancer with long-term HRT
- Have blood pressure checked.
- Breast and pelvic examination need only be performed if there is a clinical indication, and cervical smears as indicated by the screening programme in your area.
Page last updated: 6 December 2011