Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: ADs  (Read 8561 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: ADs
« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2016, 10:27:48 PM »

How is your diet?  When I had PMT NAPS told me to eat every 3 hours 24/7 to keep blood sugar levels up. You may find looking at their web-site useful?  I still try to graze because if I get hunger I get nauseous which leads me to other mental issues >sigh<.  That's 24/7, 52/12! even in the night.  When I got up to allow my puppy out to pee at 3.00 a.m. we would share a biscuit on our return to bed ;-).  ;D

PMDD is what remind me  :-\ ……… (National Association for Pre-menstrual Syndrome).

lisa789

« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2016, 10:34:25 PM »

We've had the food discussion before 😂😂 I'm not allowed to eat 4 hours before I lay down as I have volume reflux. In the day I do eat little and often as I do crash if I don't.

PMDD is premenstural dysphoric disorder. It's different to PMS/PMT as you get it at other times of the month whereas with PMT that's just prior to menstrating. I get it when I ovulate I'm so anxious I spend most of the time hyperventilating. I also get it just before a period with anxiety and panic attacks and when the period starts I get overwhelming depression.

Last year I didn't get many periods so it wasn't as bad but they've come back regular and it's been unbearable. How my partner is still here I'll never know.

walking the dog

« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2016, 07:28:30 AM »

Still had broken nights sleep with strange dreams. Woke up feeling dazed and with a fuzzy headache however I'm 4 days into my utrogesran and I know some ladies say this can cause headaches, so I'm confused 😖 once again

lisa789

« Reply #18 on: May 05, 2016, 09:06:52 AM »

You're going through so many different things at once it will be impossible to know what's causing what. X

walking the dog

« Reply #19 on: May 05, 2016, 02:03:28 PM »

Felt quite nauseous as days gone on , Traodone ? Got the numb head spaced out feeling too, as no patient info leaflet with pills I have no idea if these are normal side affects ?  ???

lisa789

« Reply #20 on: May 05, 2016, 02:41:24 PM »

I never had nausea with Trazodone but did get horrendous nausea with duloxetine withdrawal to the extent I couldn't eat much and went onto complan for a week or so.

Trazodone PIL https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/medicine/28164

walking the dog

« Reply #21 on: May 05, 2016, 02:51:03 PM »

Wonder if I could possibly still be having duloxetine withdrawals its only 4 days,since last one

MIS71MUM

• Just trying my best!
« Reply #22 on: May 05, 2016, 03:58:48 PM »

Hi WTD
I would expect that the sickness is the Duloxetine withdrawal....I've heard that nausea and dizziness are common withdrawal effects.

I think with Duloxetine, it totally leaves your system in 3 days, so I would imagine your body will be beginning to adjust without it now.

Hope your feeling better.

CLKD

« Reply #23 on: May 05, 2016, 04:59:22 PM »

Lisa789 - would hysterectomy and removal of ovaries be an option? 

I've had a clear head so far 2-day, which is strange for me  ::) and I've appreciated every moment.  My memory is no better than 'normal' but I haven't felt hung over

lisa789

« Reply #24 on: May 05, 2016, 05:36:07 PM »

Lisa789 - would hysterectomy and removal of ovaries be an option? 

I've had a clear head so far 2-day, which is strange for me  ::) and I've appreciated every moment.  My memory is no better than 'normal' but I haven't felt hung over

That's good to hear, I'm pleased for you xx

I think I must give everything else a try before resorting to such drastic measures as hysterectomy and ovary removal. I only lasted one month on zoladex which puts you into chemically induced menopause and I went bonkers. You can reverse that but you can't reverse the op.

I've had a bad day. Crying and a nervous wreck most of the day, made worse by not enough sleep.

lisa789

« Reply #25 on: May 05, 2016, 05:37:00 PM »

Wonder if I could possibly still be having duloxetine withdrawals its only 4 days,since last one

That's still very early days. My psychiatrist said it can take weeks to get back to normal after withdrawal

CLKD

« Reply #26 on: May 05, 2016, 05:57:00 PM »

Lisa - you're between a rock and a hard place then  :-\

lisa789

« Reply #27 on: May 05, 2016, 06:51:10 PM »

Lisa - you're between a rock and a hard place then  :-\

Definately! Praying the continuous BCP I've just started helps. I was told it will override my own fluctuating hormone levels so in time I should improve. Fingers crossed the gynae consultant is right, as I feel like I'm ready for the asylum

CLKD

« Reply #28 on: May 05, 2016, 06:56:55 PM »

How's your diet?

lisa789

« Reply #29 on: May 05, 2016, 09:24:00 PM »

Really good as I have to be so careful what I eat because of reflux. I only drink water & camomile/green tea. No white bread/flour/pasta only have wholemeal. I always get at least 5 portions of fruit & veg per day often more, a lot of my veg comes from my Dads allotment. All my meat is free range & organic. I do struggle with fish as I'm not keen so only manage once a week and usually have swordfish or plaice. I eat snacks often as I have a very fast metabolism so have to eat often or I feel ill. I'm 5ft 2 and weigh 7st 7 so don't think I'm doing anything wrong except maybe not eating any oily fish but I take omega supplements.
Pages: 1 [2] 3