Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Wish me luck  (Read 5032 times)

TropicalVon69

Wish me luck
« on: October 31, 2014, 09:21:35 AM »

I am going for an interview today and am a bag of nerves...adrenaline coursing lol.....its for costa coffee...wish me luck ladies...hoping its going to help all the negative thoughts from spiraling round my head...hope youre all having a good morning XXX

Aethelede

Re: Wish me luck
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2014, 09:28:35 AM »

Best of luck! I have a part time job and hate the thought of actually going in, would rather be at home, but when I'm there it helps take my mind off things. And the money helps too ;D. You get the odd narky customer, but most people are nice. Hope you get the job. :)

Tabbycat

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2014, 09:59:50 AM »

Everyone hates interviews, don't worry!

I've had to go for so many this year because I started doing contract work, and I usually find things are okay once the interview starts - it's the dread beforehand that's the worst thing.

Got any Rescue Remedy?

Good luck!

Milamam

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2014, 10:07:47 AM »

Fingers crossed and best of luck!

Milamam

bramble

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2014, 10:10:35 AM »

Best of luck. Deep breaths and a smile will get you through it. Plus Rescue Remedy if you have any.
Bramble

Greyhoundgal

« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2014, 01:12:39 PM »

Good luck, let us know how you got on  :)

TropicalVon69

« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2014, 01:49:20 PM »

Thanks for your support ladies.......did well during the interview and got a trial for next thursday....had a total panic attack when I came home though and now doubting if I can do it....I feel so sad and defeated

Tabbycat

« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2014, 03:02:20 PM »

:congrats: :hapij:

Well done, I know that wasn't easy. Last time I was offered a job, my heart sank cos I wasn't sure I could do it. But of course in the end I could do it, and even got asked to stay on after the three-month contract ended.

A trial's a good thing, you can find out if you like it before you commit.

TropicalVon69

« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2014, 03:53:52 PM »

Thanks for the positivity ladies....tomorrow is another day...feeling very tearful now...just wish I could be normal again ........XXX

Snowgirl

« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2014, 03:23:03 PM »

I can relate to this... was made redundant a few months back which was very difficult for me after working in the same place of employment for 15 years. But a new boss came along and she didn't want me around - it was all very shabby. Anyway, at the same time, I have been grappling with worsening menopause symptoms. Over the summer months I have applied for various jobs and now one is on the horizon - I thanked my stars that I managed to get through the interview without breaking into a horrid sweat, because those flushes and sweats make me feel quite weird. But I am feeling very nervous about starting back in the workplace and seem to have lost some of my confidence in my professional abilities. I actually  think this doubt has more to do with menopause than anything else. I just hope I have the energy to cope working full time again but I do not want to fail.  I am 50 next year and never thought this time of my life would be so tough.   

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2014, 03:39:01 PM »

:welcomemm:  Snowgirl

I understand anxiety - if I was OK before an event I would suffer the next night or day  >:(

You haven't accepted the job so if possible, go along for a try-out - remember, you are interviewing them as well  ;)

Tabbycat

« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2014, 04:38:48 PM »

Snowgirl, I was in a similar position - took redundancy in March after 10 years at the same place. Although it was voluntary redundancy, it was for pretty much the same reasons as you.

I had a horrible time at first. I hadn't realised just how lacking in confidence I was  and how anxious I'd become. That's when I went on Citalopram, which did help a bit but I still found interviews really difficult, I would be shaking and couldn't think straight. My self-esteem was on the floor and having questions fired at me (usually by a panel of three) was my idea of hell. I'm 52 - why would anyone hire a worn out old git like me?

Anyway, after a few interviews I finally got offered a three-month contract which I didn't really want but took because it was sensible! It was the best thing I could have done, though, and even though I never really liked working there, the people were lovely and so different from where I used to work. I was nervous at first but it was fine in the end (I'm not perfect and made a few mistakes but the world didn't end!).

I was asked to stay on at the end of the contract but I'd had enough and wanted to go on holiday and have a break. Thing is, now that I've done it once, I'm not nervous any more. I'm sure I'll have a few jitters before the next interview but I have much more confidence now so I feel I have a lot to offer.

Once you've been in the new job for a while (give it a month), you'll be fine. :)

Kas

« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2014, 08:52:29 PM »

I went into my place of work today, first time since my breakdown  the week before last. It was only to take in an avon brochure, as we had been talking about Avon  3 weeks back.Have to say that I was quite anxious to start with as wasn't sure about what sort reception I would get, but they were so nice. I got a hug from all the ladies  and they had been genuinely worried. I said to them that  I was glad I'd gone in, just to get past that hurdle. Am not back to work until thursday-friday and I dare say that I will get anxious again.
The silly thing is that my job hasn't changed in the last 6 months and I was fine until 2 months ago. I am finding it hard to understand the current me, but I do find this forum a comforting place to be and get things out in the open.
Thank you menopause matters.
Kas x

TropicalVon69

« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2014, 06:41:22 AM »

Absolutely....huge well done kas for going back and sure Thursday will be good for you ...strength and confidence to you xxx

Kas

« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2014, 08:44:40 PM »

Thank you sparkle and tropicalvon  for your kind words. Well today was my first full day back at work and I got through it ok. Did everything I was supposed to, just alot slower than I used too.Hopefully I'll sleep better tonight knowing that I've crossed this bridge unscathed.Something that I realised today was how fast I used to work. It was quite scary really, as it clearly wasn't doing me any good - living life at 60mph.
I felt like a completely different person today as well, can't explain it.

Anyway changing to a more positive note, my beloved has been a great support over the last couple of weeks, having me at home when he's trying to sleep - currently works permanent nights (5 years), but hopefully that will change soon as he has 3 interviews over the next week, starting tomorrow for day jobs...Hooray. It will be nice if one of them comes off and then we can have our evenings and weekends back.
 Kas x