Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: To Migraine Fellow Sufferers  (Read 1569 times)

Menomale

To Migraine Fellow Sufferers
« on: February 22, 2017, 12:47:48 PM »

A new study on migraine and risk of ischemic stroke http://www.bmj.com/content/356/bmj.i6635.long

Some good advice on http://www.relieve-migraine-headache.com They have a HeadWay issue sent by email that is very informative and just comes when important new info is available, something like one in 4 months.

Elizabethrose

Re: To Migraine Fellow Sufferers
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2017, 02:01:08 PM »

Thanks Menomale, just saved both and will read later. A pal sent me the first last week but haven't read it yet. xx

Menomale

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2017, 02:09:09 PM »

Hi again ER,

Yesterday I had a migraine with aura attack. The aura lasted for about half an hour, it has never lasted that long... took one dipyrone effervescent tablet and an ice pack on top of the head. No known triggers this time! Hormones, maybe?  :(

Elizabethrose

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2017, 02:49:39 PM »

Can always be those, but I found the further into peri I climbed the more easily the migraines were triggered. You've been struck down with the flu,  just the headache, temperature and congestion can tip you over the edge. It's a complete bummer!!

My visual auras, though infrequent, never last less than half an hour. Had to pull over when I was driving one day, central London on a red route where any stopping is illegal. A traffic warden came over and very kindly waited with me until it dissipated. Such a pain!

Effervescent is definitely the way to go! Hope you manage to bat this pesky flu off - it's certainly got a hold of you xx

Menomale

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2017, 03:04:12 PM »

I was hoping that they would stop after menopause, like it happened with my mum. She had awful migraine attacks, actually the only memories I have from my early childhood (before 6) are her migraine attacks! With menopause they just vanished, but she was 60, she had her first period at the age of 16, mine was at 10  >:(. Genetic lottery!

I took the effervescent tablet for the first time, I still had the headache but manageable. Like you always say, fizzy drink!

Visual aura whilst driving must be terrifying! Thanks (?!) to my Asperger's syndrome I can't drive... :(