Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 48

Author Topic: Tibilone 2.5 and testosterone and Pv Estroil  (Read 126150 times)

Tempest

Re: Tibilone 2.5 and testosterone and Pv Estroil
« Reply #255 on: January 23, 2017, 11:40:36 PM »

Thank you so much for sharing that, Sooze! Yes - great idea about a patch test! If it means I can get on with it and don't have to treck off to the GP again, that would be brilliant. :)

Tempest

« Reply #256 on: January 24, 2017, 09:54:58 AM »

Good morning, ladies. Day 11 for me today. Well, Hubby has come down with a nasty cold virus and I THINK this is the problem with me too (ear started playing up a couple of days ago). It's hard to tell for me as I don't manifest cold symptoms like a snotty nose etc. as a I take a very high dose of antihistamines.

Sleep last night was rubbish - I think I got about 3.5 hours of broken sleep. Joint pains are awful (could be worse because of virus) and anxiety before taking tablet this morning particularly bad (I have read that having a virus can knock out your HRT - so I'm hoping this is what's happening and it's a temporary thing).

I hope Annie is getting along ok at work today - she's an absolute trooper!

Sending hugs to you too, Warwick - hope you're doing ok today? xxxx

Annie0710

« Reply #257 on: January 24, 2017, 12:21:15 PM »

On my lunch break Tempest !
Aw I hope you pick up I really do

Still no sleep til @2am again and up at 6

Feel virusy again (this just keeps lingering) doesn't help I'm shattered, ears sensitive deep inside and throat glands and underarm ones feel bit swollen

Tibolone wise I think I'm ok, just the stiff joints .  I think my panicky feeling is my other issue.  Tomorrow will be a better test as I'm off but doing school run in the afternoon

Keep plodding ladies, hopefully soon we'll be sprinting (ok ok walking but pain free)

Xxxx

Tempest

« Reply #258 on: January 24, 2017, 12:35:03 PM »

Hi, Annie!

Oh goodness! I'm so sorry you've had a rotten night again - you need your sleep too! Are you seeing the GP this week for a check over? I think it would be a good idea, especially if your glands are swollen (underarms too)!

Do you think the panicky feelings are related to the Tibolone, or are you waiting to see tomorrow? Yes - I'm actually hobbling now too! Not fun is it?? Maybe just shuffling then right now....... :D

Hope today goes in quickly at work! xxxxx

warwick01

« Reply #259 on: January 24, 2017, 02:14:40 PM »

Hi

Tempest - week 2/3 had suffered really bad bilateral hip pain. It kept me awake at night and I walking was difficult (felt 90)

Annie - I admire you for being able to go to work. As the days go by and the virus settles you will feel better.

Day 33 today - update:

Yesterday was much better. This morning same anxiety (does not seem to be settling) jelly legs, and a return of the dreaded adrenalin surges :( things started to improve around mid day, although with everything including mood, not as good as yesterday.

I am frustrated that I am still struggling to go out and find going in shops a challenge. I'm sure if I didn't have the physical symptoms like jelly legs would be ok. It almost feels like I have flu, if that makes sense??

Will pop in again later Wxx

Tempest

« Reply #260 on: January 24, 2017, 03:03:58 PM »

Hi, Warwick!

I'm getting exactly the same in the morning. I think it's the 'lag' between the old dose having worn off and the new dose kicking in, and because we're taking it in the morning it's clashing with 'morning anxiety' which is part of the Cortisol Awakening Response. I'm literally like a junkie! I have to hang on for grim death until about 11.30 when it starts to ease.

I wonder if we should shift when we take it to evening? I know the OP of this thread did just that and said it was much better! She switched to taking it at 7pm. Annie also takes hers in the evening - we'll have to check in with her later to see if she gets any of this when dose is due or waiting for new dose to kick in. xxxx

warwick01

« Reply #261 on: January 24, 2017, 03:47:53 PM »

Hi Tempest,

Yes I agree. The only problem for me is I can't wait to take the tablet as my body seems to be crying out for it. I wonder to start with half at 10:00am and half at 6:00pm ?? then move completely to evening?

I have noticed today, woke with butterflies and felt some adrenalin surges during the day :(Feeling ok now. Oh just to add the spacy head feeling has cleared....... it's just a roller coaster. Told DH not to make plans. However I think he feels I should be better by now ::)

Wxx

Annie0710

« Reply #262 on: January 24, 2017, 05:55:52 PM »

Hi ladies

I haven't had a good day .  I've been on painkillers at work.  Started with the virusy feeling, throat glands felt swollen then funny you should say Tempest but my underarm Ines felt weird too (did I mention that earlier?) pain in right ear started after lunch which scared me as I can't go through that again.  Manageable but I felt drained.  Not long got home and my dead/white index finger still hasn't warmed up (I seem to be getting this more and more this winter)

St audiology for hearing test 9.15 tomorrow so will mention pain /achy virus feeling

It occurrred to me this week at work that if money allowed I'd leave, too many things ravish my body and mind and trying to lead a normal life in front of colleagues is hard work.  But these type of jobs don't come along often at all so I'm stuck really.  I need some confidence girls, where the heck am I going to get some from ? I run in from work , look in the mirror and wonder what all my fear was about, but those 9 hrs away from a mirror (lol) and home comforts leave me nervous, I guess I've just answered my own question : it's the social anxiety that has developed since menopause

Hugs to you all xxxx

Tempest

« Reply #263 on: January 24, 2017, 09:15:43 PM »

Me too, Warwick! I'm like a junkie!!! The anxiety leading up to my dose and about an hour or so afterwards is unreal at times......It  only really starts to calm down a bit by about 11, as I said. Your plan is a good one for making the switch to evening, I think! Do you notice a 'craving' for your dose too, Annie? I'm getting horrible 'wobbles' throughout the day too..Heaven knows if this will stabilise with time but it's more noticeable than anything else I've been on (even in the early days). I want this SO MUCH to settle and work........ :-\

Annie, you've been AMAZING at getting through the last couple of days! I know I couldn't have done it! I do hope you get on ok tomorrow at audiology and DO tell them all that you're experiencing - hopefully they can advise if you can see the Consultant or they can liaise with him, or if a visit to the GP is in order (I really think you should go along to see them in any case - and let them check out the underarm swelling and the 'white finger' for sure).

I've said it before, but you really ARE a wee soul - and DO promise to take care, won't you? We're all so very fond of you and don't like to hear you're suffering so! Hugs......xxxxx

Suzanne1967

« Reply #264 on: January 24, 2017, 11:32:01 PM »

Hello 🙋💗🙋💗...

Just been scanning through

Warwick I was estell duet for 4 years started bleeding stopped ASAP urgent scans biopsies in November (all clear) phew !

Then straight on to tibilone I found it As you all know horrendous but it really does take 8-14 weeks to get much better

Look at my posts honestly I was a wreck it was the worst experience of my life ! & I had neuro surgery 18 months ago 4 discs and a titanium cage in my upper spine ( neck C4567 ) 6 hour operation 22 staples and they cut my throat and went into my spine that way 🙄 And THAT wasn't as bad as the first 8 -12 weeks on tibilone ... so if you look at it like that that gives you an indication how bad I was 😩

But .... I persevered and by gosh  I'm glad I did ... couldn't Have done it without all the support on here 😘😉😘😊..

I still get surges random things but go with it ! I'm craving  chocolate past week 🙄 I'm like I NEED CHOCOLATE 😂😂...and I'm not a chicokatd person 🤔🤔 so need get a grip there 😂💗...

Listen love to all of you and don't hesitate message me if you want we all help each other xxx

Still looking for libido though 🙄 Nah put an add in local paper " desperately seeking libido"  😂😂

Love to all 💗💗

Ps I found it much better taking it 7 at night x much better

Keep going xxxxx
« Last Edit: January 24, 2017, 11:34:21 PM by Suzanne1967 »

Annie0710

« Reply #265 on: January 24, 2017, 11:34:14 PM »

Hello

My evening hasn't been too bad, thank you for your kind wishes :)

Tiny bit of ear pain like a corkscrew going deep in, just out of sorts you know ?

I don't think I get a craving.  Maybe I get things but aren't linking them ? I don't know or else I'm just not getting any feelings as such

I'm putting on weight ! And don't think this early in the game I can blame Tib but I've got to really sort myself out and stop pigging out, I blame OH, he's a feeder

It's just this sleep problem...I'm about to go to bed now and know it'll be a couple of hours before I finally shut down and sleep, blimming nuisance xxxx

Tempest

« Reply #266 on: January 24, 2017, 11:53:17 PM »

Just quickie.......Are we all using the Glenmark generic brand of Tibolone, or is anyone using anything different?
« Last Edit: January 24, 2017, 11:55:38 PM by Tempest »

Blakeygray

« Reply #267 on: January 25, 2017, 06:29:43 AM »

Mine is Glenmark.

Sooze

« Reply #268 on: January 25, 2017, 08:45:15 AM »

Yup, mine's the same.

Tempest

« Reply #269 on: January 25, 2017, 09:48:18 AM »

Suzanne - you're a sweetheart! Thank you for all you do in encouraging us newbies.  :thankyou: xxxxx
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 48