Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Erratic bleeding and anxiety  (Read 1386 times)

Chocolatechaos

Erratic bleeding and anxiety
« on: July 08, 2015, 09:03:13 PM »

I was diagnosed peri menopausal last October aged 41 with erratic periods from 23-142 day cycles. Since starting hrt (elleste  duet 1mg then evorel sequi ) six months ago my cycles have become regular between 25-28 days usually half way through the progesterone phase. My last period was last Sunday for 8 days which finished on Monday. Yesterday I was feeling ok, much less anxious. However, today I have felt tired, really nervous and anxious at work so I took on light duties which makes me feel rather frustrated as I am really trying to get back to normal duties. Late this afternoon I started bleeding again after 2 day bleed free. I just don't get it!! I thought I had my cycles under control but alas not, is this normal?

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Erratic bleeding and anxiety
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2015, 09:32:58 PM »

Probably normal - I'm sure someone with knowledge will be along but have a  :big hug:

Have you read the pull down menus, top of screen as well as the Daisy network?

Dancinggirl

Re: Erratic bleeding and anxiety
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2015, 09:45:13 PM »

Hi chocolatechaos - it sounds as though your own hormones are kicking in and fluctuating which can happen in the peri stage and cause these erratic bleeds.  I'm wondering if your womb lining has built up to much because your hormones are high at the moment. I'd ask for a scan to see if this is the case. 

I had an early meno and was diagnosed as peri at the age of 36. They put me on HRT but I couldn't find a preparation that suited me. In the end I went to a private meno clinic and they put me on Oestrogel with separate progesterone for 10 days a month. I started on just one pump of gel a day which is a very low dose and this really worked - I only increased the dose to 2 pumps per day about 3 years later when I was clearly into post meno and needing more oestrogen.
I'd see your GP to get this checked out but I suspect things will settle down over the next few months.  DG x