Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Longer Between periods  (Read 11481 times)

Machair

Re: Longer Between periods
« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2015, 09:49:27 AM »

Sarai I know how you feel I really do. I am 55 and still in the throws of all this. My last period was December, but I feel like I am going to start any day, had a very slight stain yesterday - dark yellow , chest is sore, and I feel hormonal but no real bleed yet. My pattern seems to be that it takes ages and ages to start a period, and they are often proceeded by spotting before they really get going. Have you or anyone else had that?

Taz2

« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2015, 10:07:56 AM »

Mine were like that at 53 but I then went onto HRT so I'm not sure when I would have finished naturally.

The stop-start effect is due to the hormones being switched on and off at different intervals during the month I think. I always imagine it as a tap being slightly turned on and then off again in a dithery sort of way "hmm... turn it on... hmmmm no, turn it off... nope definitely going to turn it on...." ;D

Taz x

dahliagirl

« Reply #17 on: August 03, 2015, 01:24:17 PM »

The stop-start effect is due to the hormones being switched on and off at different intervals during the month I think. I always imagine it as a tap being slightly turned on and then off again in a dithery sort of way "hmm... turn it on... hmmmm no, turn it off... nope definitely going to turn it on...."

I like that analogy, Tax  :)  You also get the perimenopause days, when the tap is suddenly turned on full blast, wetting everything in sight.  ;D

Machair

« Reply #18 on: August 03, 2015, 03:15:04 PM »

Thank you so much Sparkle - you have made me feel normal! I have that too- days of stretchy mucus like I am always ovulating + PMT with all that misery and no periods. When was your last period and how old are you Sparkle? I am 55 and my last period was December. I feel like I must be about to have another period any day. I have seen a glimpse of dark yellow but only a glimpse so maybe soon- on the other hand that could just be the ovulatory type mucus who knows.   At least I have a fellow sufferer to share all this with so thank you.xx

Machair

« Reply #19 on: August 03, 2015, 04:42:29 PM »

That is just how I feel. I can't believe you can have ovulatory mucus and no period, and it just goes on and on day after day at random. I can't tell the difference between PMT and mid cycle any more - it all feels the same - rubbish!
I was so sure I was going to have a period in May, I had such bad PMT to the point when I thought I would start any minute and then it faded away again. Oh yes and sometimes I still have the stretchy mucus when I actually do finally start a period so that's weird too!
Pages: 1 [2]