Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7

Author Topic: Anxiety - an Observation  (Read 20846 times)

babyjane

Re: Anxiety - an Observation
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2015, 09:36:12 AM »

You have brought a few tears to my eyes this morning.   I have been away from the forum for a couple of months and I logged in this morning to write a post about just this thing.

This thread was the first one I saw and by the time I read it all through I didn't need to make my post any more.  The thoughts and feeling described in these posts are all familiar to me.

Being away from the forum reduced me to thinking there is something very wrong with me.  I have been given Propranolol because of my anxiety and my BP was high in January but the stuff makes me feel really unwell and isn't helping.

I am now going to try and relax in the reassurance than many others are also feeling this thing.

Thank you so much for this thread dear ladies, it's good to share and support  :hug:

jedigirl

« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2015, 09:52:38 AM »

Oh ladies, we do go through the mill don't we?
babyjane, i know without this forum I would have been so much worse. It helps immeasurably to be able to come here and read similar posts and know we're not alone.
This is hard  and if someone says "just hormones" to me today you may see me on Sky news tonight  :P
Hugs to you all

SueRoe

« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2015, 02:01:11 PM »

I feel a rant coming on. I suspect that if all of this suffering wasn't considered "natural" and if women hadn't been expected to keep going through gritted teeth during period pains, PMS, morning sickness, etc etc it would be classed as something more serious than "women's trouble". I also suspect that if we started making a fuss about all of the above we'd find ourselves being labelled as "feeble" or "delicate" and equality in the workplace etc would crumble. It's so hard to believe that with all the advances there have been in medicine nobody has been able to/had the incentive to do something better for us that one-size-fits-all medication based on trial-and-error and guesswork! Right, got that out of my system. Grrr.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2015, 10:00:12 PM »

>wave< BabyJane!  Maybe your dose is too much in one day!

Jedigirl - your feelings earlier may be because your routine is altered and you aren't having the adrenaline rush to keep you going!  I HATE a change of routine even to visit Mum [later this week]. 

Claireylou - better by evening?    >hug<

I understand the fear element too  :'( - the fear that this will, as it did in the 1990s, take over again …….. DH tells me to take the emergency med immediately rather than see if it goes away but I can see the amount in the packet diminishing  :-X

Claireylou

« Reply #19 on: April 01, 2015, 06:50:35 AM »

CLKD thank you for the hug. I'm always ok by the evening. It feels like a weight has lifted?  What's that all about ??  :P

jedigirl

« Reply #20 on: April 01, 2015, 08:00:45 AM »

CLKD re change of routine; I can handle them fine when having a good spell and get jittery when in an anxious spell.
 There is also an element of worry every time physical symptoms flare up, "will this settle, can i cope, what if i can't manage work, how do i make it better"etc.
So a cycle of being anxious about how bad things will get unsurprisingly sets off more anxiety!!
I wonder which hormone is settling or coming into play by evening that so many of us feel calmer then.
How are you all today?
Jedigirl x

babyjane

« Reply #21 on: April 01, 2015, 09:06:34 AM »

Clareylou, I don't know but evenings are better, mornings are the worst (cortisol maybe?)

CKLD I have replied about dosage in the other anxiety thread  :)

I must say, since finding this thread I have stopped moaning to my husband, poor man, and read these posts instead.  Much more helpful so thanks again

Claireylou

« Reply #22 on: April 01, 2015, 09:48:36 AM »

Babyjane, as soon as my eyes open in the morning I get that lurch in my tum. Some days when it's really bad I just cannot go outside the house. I have found these threads comforting too and I've shown them to DH to help give him a better understanding. We have a buzzword now (for when it's really bad) to use in front of our sons and DH will then arrange extra outdoor activities for them so that I can take some deep breaths and go at my own pace. I long for the day when I can join them too  :-\

babyjane

« Reply #23 on: April 01, 2015, 10:06:26 AM »

I am sorry you get this too but it helps me to try and remember that you, and others, are feeling the same way I am.  It takes the sting out of it a bit.  My very best wishes to you x

Claireylou

« Reply #24 on: April 01, 2015, 10:11:41 AM »

Thank you, you too  :)

GypsyRoseLee

« Reply #25 on: April 01, 2015, 11:10:33 AM »

Yes. I completely understand that sudden overwhelming fear at the thought of doing something totally mundane. For me I get scared of it getting dark outside. I also get scared when people leave the room or a TV program ends. What on Earth is that all about?

The joke is I am considered incredibly sensible and very level headed. In my job I am required to be calm in a crisis and in control.

It's so random. Last week I had to handle taking my daughter to an event 40 miles away in a strange town, then back home to host an afternoon get together for my son and his friends (lots of noise and boisterous behaviour in the garden). Had to rustle up tea for 12 children, deal with a split lip and a sprained ankle. I did it all with a smile and was completely calm.

Today I am getting stressed and panicky just at the thought of having to make lunch for me and my husband.

I hate this. I hate this. I hate this.

dazned

« Reply #26 on: April 01, 2015, 11:12:57 AM »

Yes my are worse mornings to,I definitely put it down to cortisol!
Cortisol is at it highest production rate early morning,this = adrenaline,this then = anxiety ! They are all hormones which react on each other like domino effect . The body is like a very,very high tuned car engine if one thing is out of balance the whole thing comes down like a house of playing cards !  :-\

dazned

« Reply #27 on: April 01, 2015, 11:16:29 AM »

Gypsy Rose Lee done sympathize with you I really struggle to make meals don't know why !  :-\

I too HATE these stupid anxiety,palps,etc.  >:(

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #28 on: April 01, 2015, 12:20:36 PM »

HATE IT, HATE IT, HATE IT  :bang:

Cortisol? 

dazned

« Reply #29 on: April 01, 2015, 12:35:13 PM »

Apparently it's the precursor hormone to adrenaline !  :-\
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7