Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Happy Birthday, CLKD!  (Read 12693 times)

Dyan

Re: Happy Birthday, CLKD!
« Reply #30 on: December 21, 2014, 05:42:53 PM »

;D ;D ;D ;D

Dyan

« Reply #31 on: December 21, 2014, 05:44:46 PM »

Yay!!!!!! Done it!

:thankyou: CLKD glad you've had a good day ;)
 :thankyou: Judith57

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #32 on: December 21, 2014, 06:12:30 PM »

;D ……….  ::)

Greyhoundgal

« Reply #33 on: December 23, 2014, 01:32:11 PM »

Not sure how I missed this but Happy belated Birthday CLKD - suppose I'm too late for cake???

CLKD

« Reply #34 on: December 23, 2014, 02:04:47 PM »

;D  didn't have cake  ;) - we had fillet steak with veg. and ate it all up  :-X

Taz2

« Reply #35 on: December 26, 2014, 06:32:40 PM »

Did you have those sparkler candles stuck in the steak??

Taz x  ;)

CLKD

« Reply #36 on: December 27, 2014, 01:38:15 PM »

;D …… don't like fireworks even though DH is a chemist  ::)

Mum asked me about my birthday but didn't pause for breath to listen to my reply  :-\

CLKD

« Reply #37 on: December 28, 2014, 04:37:41 PM »

Don't you want to know what his brother and wife gave me on C.mas Eve instead of my birthday: the present his brother said as I opened it - "was too heavy to post"  >:( ……. both hubby and I said at the same time, 'well buy something that is lighter then' ………..

Limpy

« Reply #38 on: December 28, 2014, 04:39:14 PM »

Go on then CLKD - What was it?

CLKD

« Reply #39 on: December 28, 2014, 04:41:56 PM »

;D thought you'd never ask ……… a large cardboard box with a soap-stone oil burner, 24 votive candles and some nasty smelling perfumes to put in the top of burner >holds nose< …….. his wife did mutter 'sorry that you had to wait' as she handed it to me and I do like it - but DH was fuming underneath and he never fumes ……… for C.mas they gave me a bird-cage full of hand cream, soaps, bubble bath ….. which I will use to hang jewellery in once I get DH to put a hook in the ceiling.

It is the constant never getting my gift to me FOR my birthday that annoys us both: as well as the 'it was too heavy to post' comment ……….  :'( - my thought is to stuff it into the loft because each time I look at it I will be reminded that they NEVER THINK about how I feel ……….  :-\

Limpy

« Reply #40 on: December 28, 2014, 04:49:26 PM »

I'me glad you like it - but how heavy is it for goodness sake?

CLKD

« Reply #41 on: December 28, 2014, 04:54:44 PM »

I haven't weighed it, neither had they bothered.  If weight was an issue, as DH and I discussed on our way home, why not send the token I had initial asked for ………..  :-X.  They moan about anything that they have to pay more than £2.50 postage for - a few weeks ago we collected a rug for them because it was slaughtered and made near us; it was going to cost them £15.00 extra - he sort of quietly offered the amount but DH refused to take it  :cuss: - and they ordered something for themselves that was going to cost £50.00 delivery from North Yorkshire - as I told his brother, 'you couldn't drive up there, collect it and get back for that amount'!!!!

It's their lack of thought - for goodness sake my birthday doesn't suddenly arrive even though I did at the time  :rofl:

Limpy

« Reply #42 on: December 28, 2014, 04:59:23 PM »

They're consistent.
Is it him rather than her that's the problem?

CLKD

« Reply #43 on: December 28, 2014, 05:00:59 PM »

Haven't worked that one out yet.  A bit of both probably.  He is controlling so if he said 'we won't post' then he won't …….. I could write reams about his controlling over the various C.massssessss  :-X

Ju Ju

« Reply #44 on: December 28, 2014, 06:24:05 PM »

My brother in law has never given me a prezzie, let alone be pleasant. Didn't bother with the children very often. Hubby got a text on Boxing Day morning asking to meet up with him that afternoon in the nearby town, but he didn't see it till much later. BIL won't phone here in case I answer.  :P I must be such a horrible person. Happily, I no longer have to deal with this man and hubby occasionally meets up but no longer gets upset or bothered. It seems most of us have difficult or unpleasant relatives. Sad for hubby as he no longer has any blood relatives other than our children.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4