Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: perimenopause  (Read 13441 times)

janine scott

perimenopause
« on: December 16, 2014, 05:42:27 PM »

Hi am new to the site having a rough time am trying hrt patches as u can't stand the feelings I am having panic attacks anxiety thinking there is something seriously wrong I feel like a hypocondricat am nervous about the side effects of hrt as am 45 the doc said I nned to try it three months. Does anyone have really bad I detection feeling like choking I've had endoscopy and barium swallow nothing there but really struggle to eat can't have coffee alcohol tea etc am at wits end will this go away feel like am having an outer body experience I felt normally one day and not anymore.

dazedandconfused76

Re: perimenopause
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2014, 05:57:09 PM »

Hi janine and welcome  :)

Im in similar position...past two yrs have been perimenopausal for me! Think I'm nearing the end of this stage tho as not had a period since april.
I started antidepressants 10 weeks ago due to anxiety...still thinking about whether to start hrt or not, so can't help u with that sorry. But I do know from yrs of living with anxiety,  ive had a few phases in my life where I constantly felt like there was a lump permanently in my throat - which is awful. The last time I got it I just had to tell myself it was the anxiety and that with each passing day I was nearer to it going - it never really laster longer than a week.

Wishing you peace xx

janine scott

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2014, 06:11:20 PM »

Thank you am not alone and know am not going mad as I sometimes feel I am I've tried antidepressants didn't help made we worse.

I hope you too find peace at this difficult time xx

Hurdity

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2014, 08:06:20 PM »

Hi janine scott - I've answered on your other thread. Side effects of HRT usually settle (depending on the type) but if the progestogen doesn't suit you then there are others you can try.

Hurdity x

janine scott

« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2014, 08:09:00 PM »

Thanks hurdity I just hope this gets better thank god for this site am not alone after all xx

Smokey

« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2014, 05:59:55 PM »

Hi Janine Scott

I'm in peri and am actually on a break from HRT, but I had really bad symptoms too one of them was a lump feeling in my throat, but after starting HRT it disappeared with most other symptoms too. The worst being dread and doom feelings washing through you, scared of everything and at o e stage I wouldn't go out.

I was on patches too and they do start to work pretty quickly, first on the flushes if you are having them, keep preserving with them.

Take care x

janine scott

« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2014, 11:44:43 PM »

Hi smokey thanks am just having a tough time the patches seem to be making my indigestion worse and am so frustrated with everything its an awful time xx

Smokey

« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2014, 10:22:39 AM »

Hi Janine Scott.

Are you sure it's the patches causing stomach problems, I have same probs but after keeping a diary realise its the hormones fluctuating up and down but is defiantly worse during period I am taking omprezole was taking every so often but now I've decided to take them every morning before breakfast, remember fatty food starts these pains off I've cut right down especially pastry cakes fizzy drinks coffee and a lots of other things too, oh and not too much chocolate at a time!

I hope this helps,but it's all about experimenting and having everything in moderation. Xx

janine scott

« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2014, 02:52:45 PM »

Hi smokey am not sure it is patches just know that before the patches indigestion seemed better than now trying gavison now I can't have tea coffee alcohol etc trial and error thanks xxx

Suzyq

« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2014, 03:44:22 AM »

Hi Janine

Sure it will get better - suspect indigestion is anxiety-related, especially if you are a bit anxious about being on hrt and peri-meno crap in general!

I've been on hrt form over a year and patches for most of that time! First 3 months are a bit unpredictable - good, then bad, then good .... Now I love them - feel human again so please try to persevere and relax as much as you can! If you have a bad day, take it easy and do something nice - I used to lie in bed and watch a movie - it does get better xx

janine scott

« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2014, 08:14:18 PM »

Thanks Suzy am just having a tough time u do have some good days and I just take one day at a time I know am very lucky compared to some who don't have their health and I don't I like complaining for that reason but as the symptoms are so bad its really hard thanks for the support xx

Suzyq

« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2015, 07:02:10 PM »

Oh it's definitely hard - feels like it's never going to end - BUT it does!! In my bad days I was practically glued to the internet trying to find a new fix - now I'm just out and about, living life and not thinking too much about it all - and not that long ago I could barely leave the house for anxiety and panic!! Be patient, be kind to yourself and know that it will get better ...

toffeecushion

« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2015, 07:05:17 PM »

Oh it's definitely hard - feels like it's never going to end - BUT it does!! In my bad days I was practically glued to the internet trying to find a new fix - now I'm just out and about, living life and not thinking too much about it all - and not that long ago I could barely leave the house for anxiety and panic!! Be patient, be kind to yourself and know that it will get better ...

Your words are very encouraging and reassuring.

janine scott

« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2015, 09:27:42 PM »

Thanks Suzy I feel like there maybe light at the end of the tunnel now xx

Suzyq

« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2015, 04:03:51 AM »

That's great - there is light at the end of the tunnel. Hang on in there !!
Pages: [1] 2