Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Anxiety controlling me  (Read 7435 times)

karenja

Anxiety controlling me
« on: November 28, 2014, 10:12:39 PM »

Sorry it's me again having a bad time of it I feel so so stressed and exhausted - just started estradot and Utrogestan yesterday hoping it will help but I'm nervous of side effects - had a few fainty feelings this week both on and off previous patches just feeling odd - I hàve to snack
Regularly to stop me feeling worst and it's getting me down I'm
Piling on weight as too nervous to exercise to work it off worried about heart problems sorry for venting again x

Mrs January

Re: Anxiety controlling me
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2014, 10:45:19 PM »

Hey honey

One step at  a time, Meno is a journey of many changes and parts. Eating regularly is a good one , I have to do that too, I avoid all booze and caffeine too so I avoid the highs and lows...works for me . I drink lots of Camomile tea.....

Take each day, delegate what you can, get through each minute, hour or day as it come and be kind to yourself....As for gaining weight, yep I have that too but it can be managed when you are ready ....do nice things to help you relax

Hugs

Mrs January xxx

Dandelion

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2014, 02:16:58 AM »

Sorry it's me again having a bad time of it I feel so so stressed and exhausted - just started estradot and Utrogestan yesterday hoping it will help but I'm nervous of side effects - had a few fainty feelings this week both on and off previous patches just feeling odd - I hàve to snack
Regularly to stop me feeling worst and it's getting me down I'm
Piling on weight as too nervous to exercise to work it off worried about heart problems sorry for venting again x
Hi Karenja

It's ok to vent, especially if you feel it helps.
You're only very early on in your new hrt, so I would give that time to work.
A bit like me, I only started my new dose on monday last, so it's early in the game for me as well.
I don't worry about heart problems, but I do worry about my flat falling apart or fearing future inability to afford my flat.
My anxietys make me phone plumbers etc, rather than doctors, lol.

It's good that you realise your anxiety is controlling you, and it really does help when we get gripped by a worry, and we can say to ourselvs, "It's just down to excess anxiety I am suffering at the moment, I really can let this worrysome thought go".

I don't know about the fainty feelings, are they something that has just come with trying hrt?
Have you mentioned these fainty spells to the doctor?
Complex carbohydrates with low GI indexes can be sustaining and keep you going for longer than simple carbs.
Bananas are good for a quick energy boost between meals etc.

I think that fears of a heart attack are probably more common than most realise, but all we can do is keep our hearts as healthy as possible, and not spend time torturing ourselves about heart attacks we may or may not have in future, because when we get old, we don't want to look back at our lives, regretting losing so much time because we devoted it to worrying about a heart attack.
Being a worrier, I know it is easier said than done to not worry.
Also, the phrase "Don't worry" isnt useful, because it seems like telling someone  not to think of pink elephants, as they will think about pink elephants.
Maybe, therefore, what could be best, would be to acknowledge the presence of a worry if it comes in our heads, but to realise it is down to our excess anxiety, and let it flow through our minds, like clouds through a sky, observing it, feelling it and being aware of it's presence, but not attaching ourselves to it in any way, not judging it.

karenja

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2014, 06:39:41 AM »

Thanks mrs January and dandelion your words are really supportive - sat here 6.25 woke up an
 Feeling anxious already all this time wanting to go on this particular hrt now stressing about thst too - think my worries are all compounding without boring u too much - the company I work for is up for sale it could be good or bad for us depending who buys it, I live alone got an interest only mortgage as me and my sister will inherit my mums house one day and im relying on my half of thst to pay off my mortgage - my sister had control of my mums finances and although she is ok money wise herself I don't trust her 100 pet cent as she is never forthcoming with how much is there sounds awful talking like this when the last thing I want is for anything to happen to my mum but I'm relying on that money one day. I would love to meet a lovely man to be with me to support me through my health anxiety and feèl more secure and of course to love and support him too, I'm trying to meet him but not something you can plan - so steps in right direction I've bought Income protection incase of redundancy - I'm going to gp Monday to mention health scares and also emailed bupa for costs on health scan and joined two dating sites to try and find my new man - and as I'm sat here drinking my camomile tea my cat snuggled up giving me the odd lick trying to calm down - sorry for rabbiting better out than in xx
« Last Edit: November 29, 2014, 06:46:08 AM by karenja »

Hattie

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2014, 08:55:48 AM »

I found out that i could go privately to our local NHS hospital for scans - just ring the hospital switchboard and ask for the private patient office. I wanted a transvaginal scan it was just slightly cheaper than going elsewhere and may be more convenient for you.

You still need a GP referral though - in the end my GP let me go for a scan anyway on NHS.

My GP is always watching her budget - which really annoys me as i have gone privately at odd points to try and solve things - if i went in and asked her for two scans on NHS i know she would refuse me straight off.

Hattie X

babyjane

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2014, 09:58:42 AM »

karenja I read your other thread before I found this one and you say you have ditched the HRT.

Sorry but I can't add anything helpful but wanted to offer you some suppot as I don't like to read of someone struggling and worrying as much as you are just now.

Wishing you all the best and hope someone else has more useful input for you.

Mrs January

« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2014, 10:32:51 AM »

Hey there

One step at  a time. My counsellor said live only in the present...I try to do this and influence the day I am in.......with that in mind the past is gone and the future not arrived yet......so today is all we can influence . We drive our minds potty with what about things i the future but have little control on them...like your work, sister etc.....so maybe park them for now and concentrate on today????

Lotsa hugs Mrs J xxx

karenja

« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2014, 10:34:51 AM »

Thank you again - come off hrt feeling terrible just need to find an alternative x

honeybun

« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2014, 10:56:23 AM »

I really think if you find a way to deal with your anxiety then everything else will be easier to cope with.

Have you looked at the No More Panic website. You might find some helpful ideas there.

Honeyb
x

charliegirl

« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2014, 10:57:15 AM »

Mrs January is right, just try and do one day at a time, you sound so stressed with you job and finances, I can relate to this, as I am also on my own with a mortgage, and work is a bit stressful at the moment. Stress can also affect your hormones and deplete you physically, one feeds on the other. Tryand get anxiety under control first, I would try Citalopram or 5HTP. I practise yoga and meditation, try anything that helps. Sounds like you have low blood sugar as well, it helps to eat carbs regulary, bananas are my saviour!!This is where the dizzyness is coming from. Its all a matter of balance. I am learning that the is a delicate balance, and when one hormone goes awry so does everything else!!!
Hope this helps.
Charliegirl.

Mrs January

« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2014, 11:13:20 AM »

Hey Charlie girl

Yes, good advice. I too eat Bananas, always have one or an apple in my bag.I take Citralopam 40mgs daily and it helps take the edge off things. My son has recently died and I am about to buy a house alone so stress is plentiful it is how we manage these times....

Glasgow steps is a good website too, given to me by Oliver my counsellor and has lots of relaxation exercises etc.

One day at a  a time Karenja

Hugs again Mrs J

karenja

« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2014, 11:31:02 AM »

Thank you both / you been through the mill with what happened to your son too sending hugs back mrs j xx

karenja

« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2014, 11:32:26 AM »

We are all going through stressful times lucky we have each other to share experiences with x

Millykin

« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2014, 12:07:26 PM »

Sorry to hear things aren't getting any better. Thinking of you  :bighug:
Millykin x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2014, 12:12:02 PM »

:'( ………… I've had a few days where my body lurches with anxiety surges, I've been passing it off as cramp when DH asks - I've had a panic attack since 3.30 and eventually resorted to emergency meds at 8.30, then slept.  Have now managed some toast ……….. guilt is driving my anxiety , issues from waaayy back  :'(
Pages: [1] 2