Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: after 4 yrs the flushes and sweats are finally easing  (Read 3164 times)

gilaray

after 4 yrs the flushes and sweats are finally easing
« on: September 15, 2014, 09:40:35 PM »

Im 53 started the meno at 49. Main symptoms flushes, night sweats and one sided headaches

I have noticed in the last few weeks that the flushing is easing, they have not gone completely but definitely less intense and less frequent, headaches also less frequent

These have been my only symptoms, I have been fortunate in that I did not suffer from depression as many seem to experience. I did have a short episode of VA like symptoms but it didnt last for long

Thus far has been my meno journey. I endured it cold turkey as I chose not to take HRT

I just hope Im not speaking too soon as the dreaded flushes may just be having a holiday - I do hope not

Taz2

Re: after 4 yrs the flushes and sweats are finally easing
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2014, 11:18:53 PM »

Fingers crossed for you gilaray!!

Taz x  :foryou:

Dana

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2014, 05:58:54 AM »

That's really great. I probably would have tried to endure meno without HRT if I'd only had to contend with the flushes, but unfortunately my worst symptom was dreadful insomnia. I'm probably about 3-4 years post meno now, but I'm still a bit too scared just yet to try reducing my dose to see if things have started to improve.

Machair

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2014, 06:15:24 AM »

Wonderful news. I am also trying to cope without HRT. My main problems are period related, not so much the flushes which have abated at the moment, since my periods returned after an 11 month gap. I now have prolonged spotting type periods that are very light but annoying, with not that many days free from bleeding/brownish loss as they are coming every 2 to 3 weeks. I keep pondering the GP and a scan which I may do soon, but had the same thing last year that stopped by itself, so waiting to see what happens next. I feel very hormonal though so it may be an ovary's last gasp!

Being 55 in March I feel I have had my own HRT if you see what I mean, as I have had cycles for much longer than some ladies already. I also have migraine with aura and a family history of stroke so am reluctant to take HRT.

nelliedee

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2014, 07:42:24 AM »

Great news and well done  :)

Taz2

« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2014, 09:54:13 AM »

Yes for me the hot sweats were what made me turn to HRT. I found it very difficult to work through them - losing my words, glasses steaming up, wet from top to toe, feelings of doom and raised heart rate every twenty minutes. Now I've been off HRT for a year and although they are not as often - two an hour rather than three - I have been moved to a "less challenging role" in my job. This was not because I did anything wrong but because it was obvious it was extremely hard to keep going. I am hopeful that my GP will now re-prescribe it for me and I can return to being much more capable as I can't afford to give up work until I receive my state pension in five years time.

Taz x

gilaray

« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2014, 06:54:09 AM »

Oh deary me the minute I say the flushes are easing................... have had quite a few this week lol. Probably not helped by the fact that my son has just started uni and has been on the phone crying his eyes out