Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: doluxatine  (Read 5906 times)

daisie

doluxatine
« on: February 10, 2016, 08:42:01 AM »

hi ladies .just been put onto doluxatine is there any of you on them ..could you tell me if theyr any good .. thanks daisie

babyjane

Re: doluxatine
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2016, 09:29:39 AM »

Duloxetine is Cymbalta and a relative of Fluoxetine as far as I know. I did not take to it but a word of warning, I believe it is a very difficult one with regards to withdrawal symptoms coming off when the time comes.  There are a few threads about it on this board.

walking the dog

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2016, 10:28:39 AM »

im on it and for me its been no use but neither have other ads and I have been on four of them. im now coming off duloxetine I have gone from 90mg to 60 mg im dreading the next reduction its notorious for terrible withdrawals and in states the drug company has been sued over it .I can only speak from personal experience but it hasnt been good xx

daisie

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2016, 10:46:57 AM »

thanks babyjane and walking the dog ..i only took one yesterday an hour later i felt realy sick then running to the toilet not took another one yet but a bit scared dont want to feel like that when doing the shopping iv also read up on them this morning and the reviews were not good ..asked for some estrogen yesterday as well while at the docs  ..got talked out of it.. after having the hysterectomy i find my mood as got realy low got a follow up appointment  tomorrow with the gynie at the hospital so i will ask him and see what he says x daisie

walking the dog

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2016, 10:53:07 AM »

good luck with gynae .if you dont feel right about the dulixetine dobt take it go back gp and ask for something else I thini it realky does depend on individual gps how knowledgable they are how they listen etc if you dont get anywhere is there another one you can see
. also im not sure but cant you take estrogen when you dont have a womb I think you can so no idea why they wouldnt give you that .xc

Clovie

« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2016, 10:58:03 AM »

I'm finally going to the doctors tomorrow to ask about antidepressants/anxiety meds, and have been reading up on various medications.
Duloxatine is one I'll be declining if offered after I've read about it, particularly the withdrawal.  :( 

Sorry you felt sick on it too, I once took Effexor (another SNRI) years back for PND and threw up immediately and felt dizzy, so I know how you feel. Hope you get something else sorted out soon as feel better. 

daisie

« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2016, 11:15:27 AM »

hi clovie ..it was a psychiatrist that gave it to me ...my mood has been that low the doctor refeared me to one i dont think i better take another duloxitine ..iv been on amitriptyline for 7 years was trying to come off them ..its the only one i can realy tolorate but not done much for my depression looks like ill be sticking to them they help me sleep which helps ..i asked about the eastrogen but doctor said no with my sister dying of breast cancer at the age of 35 ..is there anything out there for me i dont think there is all the other antidepressants iv tried have made me sick ..ill waite till tomorrow and see what the gynae has to say x daisie

babyjane

« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2016, 12:11:18 PM »

I don't take HRT but from what I have read on this forum from the ladies that do, I don't think its as black and white as your doctor seems to think. Perhaps a second opinion might be an idea.  I hope there is something that can help you. Perhaps you could start a thread asking about the estrogen question that others may see and answer as this thread title is about anti depressants and might be missed.

MIS71MUM

• Just trying my best!
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2016, 12:36:13 PM »

Hello - I take Duloxetine. I can't comment on the withdrawal as only been on it for 5 months. It never made me sick but then again I rarely do be sick. I only take 20mg, it helps me sleep and I've lost weight. It has got me through a difficult couple of months.

Hope this help xx

MIS71MUM

• Just trying my best!
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2016, 12:43:48 PM »

Walkin the dog - do you mind me asking what method you will use for withdrawal?  I'm currently researching it - doesn't make good reading. In the summer I plan to come off and wondered what the best method was.

walking the dog

« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2016, 01:01:10 PM »

I am doing it under close supervision of my gp. I have dropped from 90 to 60 and im seeing her in two weeks im not sure how its going to work its euther drop to thirty a day or take sixty every other day then drop to thirty a day then it will be thirty every other day and as thirtys the lowest dose I asdume I then take it every three dats for couple werjs then fourcdays and so on til im no longer taking any. I know I have read on forum people take them apart and count the granules to reduce withdrawal vut I cant see my gp going for that .o will lwt you know how I am approachibg it in a couple of weeks when I make the next reduction.

Nikki180515

« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2016, 01:52:02 PM »

Hi

I have been on fluoxetine for 3 months.  Felt sick for couple of weeks, but then ok.  It took about 4-6 weeks to kick in, but feel so much better on them.  I am also on HRT due to surgical menopause, and am doing CBT which also has been great.

I have been off work for 3 months due to low mood/anxiety and am starting to feel ready to go back, don't think I could have done it without the fluoxetine.  I know doctors shouldn't be prescribing them as much now for menopause symptoms but my HRT was helping my mood at all and just needed something to help me get thought this difficult time.  Am worrying about withdrawal symptoms when I have to come off them, but hopefully that won't be for quite a while!

Good luck

Nikki xxx

MIS71MUM

• Just trying my best!
« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2016, 06:33:54 PM »

I am doing it under close supervision of my gp. I have dropped from 90 to 60 and im seeing her in two weeks im not sure how its going to work its euther drop to thirty a day or take sixty every other day then drop to thirty a day then it will be thirty every other day and as thirtys the lowest dose I asdume I then take it every three dats for couple werjs then fourcdays and so on til im no longer taking any. I know I have read on forum people take them apart and count the granules to reduce withdrawal vut I cant see my gp going for that .o will lwt you know how I am approachibg it in a couple of weeks when I make the next reduction.
Well good luck and let me know how it goes. I'm on 20 mg btw so there is a smaller one than 30mg but not much! Yes I can't see my GP going for the bead counting method either 🤔

walking the dog

« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2016, 08:31:26 PM »

thanks I didnt know there was a twenty it gives me more hope I can come off it

MIS71MUM

• Just trying my best!
« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2016, 12:35:21 PM »

Hello Walking the dog

Sorry to annoy you! Just never met anyone on Duloxetine before.  Did you just drop from 90 to 60? What withdrawal effects did you get? I'm on it for anxiety and depression. Do you mind me asking what you take it for?
Pages: [1] 2