Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Any good experiences with Kliovance?  (Read 18943 times)

sugarfree23

Any good experiences with Kliovance?
« on: October 08, 2015, 07:47:08 AM »

Hi - I'm new and have just switched to Kliovance after taking Prempak-C (0.625) for 15 months. I got on well with Prempak-C but wanted to try a continuous hrt as I'm 54 and my periods pretty much stopped three years ago apart from a bit of spotting about 18 months ago.

I'm limited in what I can take as lots of hrt medications are contraindicated for me because of other medical conditions. Kliovance ticked all the boxes on paper but I've read some awful things about it online and was wondering whether anyone has had good experiences with it! I took the first one last night with some trepidation but so far so good... Thanks for reading  :)

Hurdity

Re: Any good experiences with Kliovance?
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2015, 03:17:51 PM »

Hi sugarfree23

I have no experience of either of these HRT types but just wanted to say  :welcomemm:

Which HRT types are contra-indicated for you? The only thing I would say is that you are changing from a cyclical medium dose HRT to a low dose continuous combined HRT - which is also different in oestrogen and progestogen from Prempak! So you are changing everything you possibly can all at once! Therefore do expect to notice some changes - but this won't necessarily be due to Kliovance itself.

You may notice the return of some menopausal symptoms due to the reduced dose - but then not all women find this. You might also experience some spotting from the changes but this should also settle. You might get some side effects due to the different progestogen - but many women are fine on this preparation otherwise it wouldn't be prescribed. You will only tend to read about those who don't get on with it because those who are OK with it are busy getting on with their lives and not posting on forums!!

Try not to worry and think that every twinge means it's not working for you - and do try to give it three months to let any changes settle - before trying something else if needed.

Hopefully you'll feel just fine!  :)

Good luck with it

Hurdity x

sugarfree23

« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2015, 03:54:05 PM »

Thanks for the welcome, Hurdity :)

I have scleroderma (limited systemic sclerosis) with secondary Raynaud's and lots of the HRT types say don't take if you have Raynaud's. So my GP (not very experienced with HRT, I don't think - we looked through the options together) suggested the lowest possible continuous combined dose in tablet form that seemed okay for me to take.

I appreciate your reassurance as I've been worrying about side effects having read lots of negatives! However, you're right - there are probably lots of people who get on fine with Kliovance and therefore don't bother to post.

Yes, I'll give it three months and see how it goes (and post a hopefully-positive update). Fingers crossed.

PS Such a great forum and site -  I'm learning loads!

thorntrees

« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2015, 04:54:10 PM »

No personal experience of HRT in any form but I do have a friend who has been on kilovance for years with no problems whatsoever, she is 69 now and her GP is happy for her to stay on it as long as she wants with regular bp checks and mammograms.
Just thought a positive story might help.

Thorntrees

sugarfree23

« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2015, 05:26:59 PM »

Thanks for sharing your friend's experience, Thorntrees. It's great to hear something positive. I'm really glad I posted here as it makes all the difference to be able to voice my concerns (which hopefully will be unfounded!) and have some reassuring responses.

sugarfree23

« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2015, 10:25:02 AM »

Hi - just a quick update as I struggled to find much feedback about Kliovance (and much of what I did find was negative) when I was searching so this might be useful and/or reassuring for someone out there.

I'm now five weeks in and have had no problems whatsoever so far. Phew. I haven't had any return of my previous symptoms (mainly hot flushes/sweats) nor any new ones. Well, I have a few spots around my nose that started with the advent of the perimenopause and they've never really gone away. They're possibly slightly worse but the difference is negligible so if that's related to the Kliovance it's a bit of a non-problem.

I haven't had any breakthrough bleeding, which was a big concern for me. Generally feeling well and not hormonal! I know everyone's different and will react to different types of HRT in a variety of ways but my experience has been good to date.

I almost didn't come back to post because everything is fine and then I realised that's the reason why I struggled to find positive feedback in the first place... If things change, I'll let you know.

Thanks once again for the supportive replies  :)