Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Vagifem  (Read 2990 times)

LizeeeH

Vagifem
« on: March 25, 2015, 02:15:25 PM »

Sooooooooooooooooooo after about 18 months run around by female GP's >:( the same GP that told me a year ago I was TOO OLD for the menopause AND that it didn't cause aching joints has now told me I have "post menopause vagina" and given me vagifem. I was so tempted to say "I thought you said I was too old for the menopause"?  anyway any of you lovely ladies on vagifem?  :)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Vagifem
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2015, 05:11:21 PM »

;D if you didn't laugh you'd  :beat: to your GP

Yep - if you do a search for Vagifem you'll see …….. it will ease symptoms and you will be so pleased - at last!

Hurdity

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2015, 05:29:12 PM »

Hi LizeeeH

Well done - I bet you wanted to go  :na: !

I use Vagifem for some of the time (when I'm using Utrogestan) - but still using up the remainder of my Gynest pessaries ( now discontinued) at other times. I'm on full HRT as well but need to extra oestrogen locally to keep things healthy down there.

I hope it begins to work soon. How are your aching joints and do you have other menopause symptoms? As for your GP - well!!!! Doesn't she realise that oestrogen deficiency lasts for ever and some symptoms don;t even start for some women until they are 2 years post-menopause!!

Hurdity x

LizeeeH

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2015, 08:10:26 AM »

Hi Hurdity

Joints are really aching, hips and knees can be bad at times >:( My hands are "stiff" and at night can go quite numb :o  the night sweats arnt as bad but I don't sleep much, always wake up about 3am and worry! Another thing does anyone else get "itchy" skin?

Yes you'd think female GP's would be more clued up!!!!

Liz xx

Suzi Q

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2015, 10:21:10 AM »

Been on it Lizzy since Feb 14th 2010
I had severe Vaginal Atrophy and had been in agony for almost 2 years
I had been on Ovestin and the mini pills for Post menopause they just stopped working
Vagifem then was 25m for 14night then 2x7 Im still on that here in Ozz theyve not lowered the dosage
In that time Ive done 2 relaods once in Dec 12 and one in Nov 14 a reload means doing the 14days again
In that time Ive had no symptoms except loose bowels from Vagifem its not a CURE but manages it as best it can
Started to work with in a few days@With in 3mnths I felt 99.9% when you feel better we had no sex for 6weeks
Its amazing how much better you feel inside yes it hurts to enter but then its fine  so libidos not 100% anymore
Sometimes I can feel a bit sore  about an after like weve made love loads but it eases off I drink lots of water
Plus it opens u up I chose my 2 days carefully Thursday and Sunday to take advntage of the weekend love fest
Thats if it happens we forget men age as well They arent as ram rod any more either xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Its not an ed to say Vagifem and this site saved me

CLKD

« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2015, 10:42:48 AM »

I had itchy skin ………… for a few years.

Numb hands can be caused by nerves trapped in the elbow/wrist area.  Carpal tunnel syndrome.

LizeeeH

« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2015, 02:03:39 PM »

Thanks ladies for you replies :)

My libido is zilch at the mo, would sooner have a nice cuppa so lets hope something starts to stir down below ;D

Liz xxxxx

CLKD

« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2015, 06:20:16 PM »

;D it probably won't though  :( - I have had to work hard at getting aroused, 'giving in' when DH snuggles close.  But I find that when I relax and think of England ……….  :-X  :P - he goes to sleep with a smile on his face  ;)

Suzi Q

« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2015, 05:18:25 AM »

Me too Clkd
Dont know when I last felt that stiring
But mostly its just nice to be as one and pretend xxxxxxxx