Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7

Author Topic: The Missing  (Read 19176 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: The Missing
« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2014, 03:12:36 PM »

I LOVE James Nesbitt but the theme seemed too co-incidental to the Madeline McCann story.  Also I want entertaining!

Joyce

« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2014, 04:09:27 PM »

Many have said that CLKD, but only in that a child has disappeared. Same could be said of other child disappearances.

I'm gripped, watched last night's episode earlier. I think, like with many of these dramas, that there are quite a few red herrings in there to throw us off-track. 3 more episodes to go.

Judith57

« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2014, 06:21:25 PM »

Crikey, what a can of worms I opened  ;D. I haven't read all the posts yet but I am slightly more enlightened now by the review in The Times today, they clearly make the point that the Ken Stott character's wife has dementia or has gone gaga in some way and is in hospital and the Indian Ocean sequences are in her imagination, that makes sense as the steward on the boat also seems to be the nurse. I think James Nesbitt has killed Ken Stott. Actually, the more I think about it now, the more it does make sense, the French paedophile was on the coach going to Oxford to visit her in hospital but I was totally confused last night when he also popped up on the yacht in the Indian Ocean.

Sorry if that is TMI for anyone who may not have watched it yet. I will read all your views now  ;D

Hattie, at least it is a change from posting about pelvic pain  :-\

xxxx

Judith57

« Reply #18 on: November 26, 2014, 06:31:00 PM »

I have just read all your posts, thank you everyone!  I think we need to nominate BabyJane as our designated 'explainer' as soon as an episode has aired....

She certainly gets my vote!

Hattie

« Reply #19 on: November 26, 2014, 06:33:06 PM »

Judith57

Sure is ! - (i did pick up on one episode though that Julien said he was no longer in pain with his leg after the time interval since 2006) - there is hope.  :)

Hattie X

Judith57

« Reply #20 on: November 26, 2014, 06:43:16 PM »

Well done for picking up on that Hattie, there is hope then  ;)

babyjane

« Reply #21 on: November 26, 2014, 07:07:03 PM »

noooo, can't take the pressure, but it's lovely that others watch and discuss this too. I will look forward to following this thread  :)

Judith57

« Reply #22 on: November 26, 2014, 07:13:18 PM »

Well I will concentrate very hard next week but I can't promise I won't be asking you what on earth was going on  :-\

I wasn't very impressed that James Nesbitt slept with that artist while his wife was away in England by the way  >:(

Dyan

« Reply #23 on: November 26, 2014, 07:18:57 PM »

Was that now or then Judith57? :-\

Gripping stuff but totally confused.
I hope it doesn't end with us still guessing.

Judith57

« Reply #24 on: November 26, 2014, 07:38:39 PM »

:rofl: That was 'then' I think because his wife still had the short hair when she caught the train to London. I could be wrong though and it might be 'now', I might have blinked and missed a shift between then and now  :-\

BabyJane help....
« Last Edit: November 26, 2014, 07:41:29 PM by Judith57 »

Joyce

« Reply #25 on: November 26, 2014, 07:40:19 PM »

Oh heck, I thought that was now. Arghhhhhhhhhhh  ;D

scriv

« Reply #26 on: November 26, 2014, 07:43:02 PM »

I usually have to watch it twice lol. I have to concentrate so much the first time and invariably get confused about something. We record it, so I then watch it again a few days later to work out the complicated bits - or at least to try to.

I can't quite work out the role of the other French policeman - the dark haired one who had a chat with the journalist a few episodes ago. The journalist seemed to have a hold on him. Does anyone else know who I mean?

And I also wonder about Emily's new husband.

Also one other puzzling conversation - Emily talking to the journalist in a cafe/bar/restaurant about Tony being back in France and I'm sure she said she was afraid that he would discover 'what we did'.

Very puzzling, very complex - and very very gripping.

Judith57

« Reply #27 on: November 26, 2014, 07:44:49 PM »

You may be right but I thought he phoned his wife and asked what time she would be back and then we saw him leave the girl in her bed.  I think I had better have a look on the old i-player  ???

Hurdity

« Reply #28 on: November 26, 2014, 07:46:01 PM »

No it was "now"  (that he slept with her!) because when he got back to meet the Romanian woman and the 'French detective - they asked where he'd been - that was definitely both of them in the present day. I can't remember why he picked her up (or rather vice versa) but he had just come from hearing some bad news (that would be a clue to whether it was now or then) and sat about looking miserable!

I'm pretty hopeless at following things and my husband hates me asking questions - but I did get the bit about the dream though  ;D

There were also hints a few episodes back that Tony has done more than he let on and that police know - so presumably that means killing the guy in the boat which we've now seen, we think?

Hurdity x

Judith57

« Reply #29 on: November 26, 2014, 07:51:27 PM »

Oh yes Scriv, there was that conversation between Emily and the journalist, more to come out I guess...

Hurdity, I was wondering whether the body of Ken Stott was ever found though because they said last week that he had disappeared and recently been declared dead, I assumed then that James Nesbitt got rid of the body....and therefore is not implicated....

I was trying to remember whether it was after he left the sleeping woman that he said his phone had run out of battery - you are right, it is the present day  :)
« Last Edit: November 26, 2014, 07:55:20 PM by Judith57 »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7