Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Drop in Oestrogen....  (Read 6711 times)

Liz

Drop in Oestrogen....
« on: October 22, 2014, 09:47:51 AM »

Hi - am trying Oestrogel instead of patches atm.  I like the application, etc, but am starting on the 1 pump dose, but feeling a bit weird today..... very emotional, tearful, etc.  Do you think this could be the drop in oestrogen?  I was using the 50mg Estradot patches, so I guess a change to 1 pump of gel could be the cause.  I am not on the Utrogestan phase atm, so should be feeling good on just oestrogen.

Wondering if I should try 2 pumps tomorrow??

Joyce

Re: Drop in Oestrogen....
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2014, 10:05:00 AM »

That is a big drop in oestrogen. Meno consultant changed me from gel to patches. I was on 2 pumps of oestrogel which is equivalent of 37.5 of estradot. So reckon estradot 50 is equivalent of 3 pumps.

ellie66

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2014, 10:19:00 AM »

Yes I agree it is a big drop. I was on 2mg Femston. I am now on 4 pumps of Oestrgel. You need to up your Oestrogel.

Liz

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2014, 10:56:14 AM »

Thanks ladies - will up to 2 pumps.

ellie66

« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2014, 11:31:52 AM »

Just up it one pump at a time. You may need 3 or 4 pumps. I do 3 pumps in the morning and 1 at night. Just keep tweaking it  :)

Liz

« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2014, 11:38:11 AM »

Thanks Ellie - I'm peri (age 46) so was hoping to get away with a low dose, but will use what I need. 

Cassie

« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2014, 11:58:21 AM »

No you need more when you are under 50, I would up it. I have started reducing mine to just one pump a day and am already feeling the effects, palpitations, irritable etc...

Liz

« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2014, 12:52:09 PM »

Really?? I didn't know you needed more in peri (under 50)...... Would it account for feeling emotional, teary and unsettled because of the drop in oestrogen??  Wasn't sure if that would be the result that quickly......

Cassie

« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2014, 05:44:23 PM »

I was on 2 pumps right up until 50 reduced it to one but going back up cos I feel it immediately....and not in a good way!

Liz

« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2014, 02:18:55 PM »

Well, I've upped it to 1 and a half pumps today, but still feeling very emotional and teary.  Think I'd better try 2 pumps tomorrow.

Cassie - do you mind me asking how you felt it when you dropped your dose down?  Did you find yourself suddenly emotional, etc??

Is tearfulness and being emotional a side effect of dropping your Oestrogen dose?

Cassie

« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2014, 03:05:05 PM »

I am way more emotional I never used to cry at silly things, now hubby just pulls a skew face at me and I am a blubbering wreck... :(
Physically feel more jittery, palpitations, irritable, tired and just mis...no libido, but sadly the full brunt of oestrogen didnt do much in that section anyway...

I hope that you soon feel your oldself it can take a while, I would go for 2 pumps at night alternated on your legs, I rub mine in and let it dry before falling asleep, its great stuff and really works, just give it a chance to kick in and for your hormones to start circulating at a healthy level...have you perhaps checked your levels with a blood test? I know that they are not that accurate, but it can still give you an idea if you are getting enough Oestrogen.

warwick01

« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2014, 04:06:42 PM »

Hi ladies

I am on Oestrogel, but confused regarding dose :(I was told 3 pumps is equivalent to 75mcg patch or 4 pumps is equivalent to 100mcg patch. I am 54 and keep trying to reduce the gel but to be honest I'm struggling......

Currently Im trying 1.5pumps morning and eve, but to be honest 2 pumps morning and eve makes me feel better.

Is anyone more of an expert on the correct dose????

I do think the gel is the better option for me ;) w

Suzyq

« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2014, 04:31:08 PM »

I think it is pretty impossible to tell as it depends how you absorb it! I was on 3 pimps of gel and my estrogen levels were around 100. When I changed to estradot 75 I got my levels up into the 400's?? Go figure!

I did follow the application instructions to the letter too but I just didn't absorb it ...

Liz

« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2014, 04:55:34 PM »

Thanks Cassie - I'm currently using the gel after my shower in the morning - do you think nights would be better then??  I was worried about transferring it to hubby if any "jiggy jigs" occurred if I used it at night?? ;)

I feel really out of sorts today - up until the other day I was using the 50 Estradot but since I've stopped that, I've felt very unsettled.  Hopefully I just need to get the Oestrogel dose right as I much prefer the ease of application with that.

If I'm honest, I was questioning earlier that if I'm going to feel worse emotionally with the HRT, if it's worth using it at all...... :-\

Cassie

« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2014, 07:27:20 PM »

The dosage according to my can of Oestrogel is: 2 plunges of the pump = 1.5mg Oestradiol...not sure how that compares to patches.

Hang in there Liz...I have been using @ night for 10 yrs and no problems, hubby hasnt grown boobs either give it a chance, its brilliant stuff..it does get a bit cold to apply @ night though in Winter...:)
Pages: [1] 2