Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: confused doc only given me two weeks worth of patches  (Read 7429 times)

Dandelion

confused doc only given me two weeks worth of patches
« on: October 18, 2014, 08:09:51 PM »

Hi

I got my patches from the chemist today and have only been prescribed 4 patches.
It states clearly to apply one patch twice a week.
So, it looks as if my doctor has given me a fortnights worth of patches 25mcg and 12 days of utrogestan.
Me and my doctor discussed that I would have twelve days of utrogestan, which is fine, but I am confused why she has only given me 4 patches, for a fortnight, when, surely I would need 8 for the month, if I am going to apply one twice a week.
Am I missing something?

thanks

Liz

Re: confused doc only given me two weeks worth of patches
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2014, 08:14:39 PM »

Your patches are Estradot, aren't they Dandelion?  In that case, you're right.... Estradot need 2 per week, so you would need 8 patches for the whole month.  That's a bit mean to only prescribe you 4, but I suspect your GP thinks the Estradot is changed once per week.  Perhaps give them a ring on Monday and see if they'll add another 4 to the prescription. 

Dandelion

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2014, 08:18:05 PM »

Your patches are Estradot, aren't they Dandelion?  In that case, you're right.... Estradot need 2 per week, so you would need 8 patches for the whole month.  That's a bit mean to only prescribe you 4, but I suspect your GP thinks the Estradot is changed once per week.  Perhaps give them a ring on Monday and see if they'll add another 4 to the prescription.
Hi Liz

I definitely remember my GP verbally saying to change the patch twice a week.
It also says the same on the pharmacy label.
I wouldn't be surprised if the doctor did this deliberately, just to create more hassle for me.

honeybun

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2014, 08:23:57 PM »

I really doubt whether it's anything more than an honest mistake.

A call to the surgery should fix it.....only trouble is you will have to pay for another prescription which is not great.

Honeyb
x

Liz

« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2014, 08:25:42 PM »

Yes, they are definitely changed twice a week.  I've had trouble keeping mine on for three days, hence changing to gel.  You're not starting them yet, are you?  Your GP should prescribe you the other 4 ,would be a bit strange to just prescribe you enough for two weeks.

I've been prescribed enough for 1 month, but only because I've just changed to gel and the Doc said to ring her once I've tried it and she will prescribe more. 

Dandelion

« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2014, 08:30:20 PM »

Yes, they are definitely changed twice a week.  I've had trouble keeping mine on for three days, hence changing to gel.  You're not starting them yet, are you?  Your GP should prescribe you the other 4 ,would be a bit strange to just prescribe you enough for two weeks.

I've been prescribed enough for 1 month, but only because I've just changed to gel and the Doc said to ring her once I've tried it and she will prescribe more.
Hi Liz

Why were you having trouble with the sticking after only three days?

I should not have to pay another £8 for the doctors error.

honeybun

« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2014, 08:36:00 PM »

I have had this problem in the past and was given sequi instead of conti and had to pay all over again. ::). That was before Scotland had free prescriptions.

What patches have you been given. Some are much better than others which will float past you in the bath. There is a real knack to getting them to stay put.
Apart from Evorel which stick really well.

Honeyb
x

Limpy

« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2014, 08:38:19 PM »

Dandelion - Ring the surgery, nothing will be sorted till you do.
Wouldn't have thought the doctor wanted to cause hassle for you deliberately. It would just create trouble for them as well as you.

Dandelion

« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2014, 08:44:01 PM »

I have had this problem in the past and was given sequi instead of conti and had to pay all over again. ::). That was before Scotland had free prescriptions.

What patches have you been given. Some are much better than others which will float past you in the bath. There is a real knack to getting them to stay put.
Apart from Evorel which stick really well.

Honeyb
x
Hi honeybun

I have been given estradot.

I've heard from ladies on here that estardot and evorel are good stickers but femseven seem to be seen as a bad sticker.

@limpy

I will phone up on Monday and sort out the extra patches.
I guess i should have checked the green prescription slip before putting it in the chemists and querying it then, but I wasn't sure the mistake was mine, as in just getting confused with the numbers.

Joyce

« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2014, 12:35:44 PM »

Just a thought, check with pharmacy first that they aren't owing you more patches. I sometimes get so many from pharmacy as they await orders. They may have forgotten to tell you.

Liz

« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2014, 03:03:06 PM »

That's a good point, Cubagirl.  It happened to me before. 

Dandelion - The patches seemed to go "fluffy" round the edges and lift up.  I followed all the advice on here about applying, etc, but I'm putting it down to being very active..... I walk 2 hours a day with my dog and despite putting the patches in different places, they always seemed to lift up.  I was worried I wasn't getting a consistent dose, so my GP suggested I try the Oestrogel.   I've got 2 more patches to use up and then will be trying the gel next week. 

Don't let my experience put you off the patches though - lots of ladies here find they stay on well for them.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2014, 04:51:19 PM »

Ringing the pharmacy is the first point of call in case they hadn't enough to give you!

I don't think a GP would deliberately not prescribe correctly, more than his/her job is worth ……. but mistakes do happen: there are ways of approaching them to check …….. (we've had this conversation before  :-\). 

Dandelion

« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2014, 06:06:18 PM »

Ringing the pharmacy is the first point of call in case they hadn't enough to give you!

I don't think a GP would deliberately not prescribe correctly, more than his/her job is worth ……. but mistakes do happen: there are ways of approaching them to check …….. (we've had this conversation before  :-\).
Hi

It says 4 on the box so I think its the GP who has fluffed up.

Limpy

« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2014, 06:10:34 PM »

4 on the box doesn't mean it's what was prescribed.
All the more reason to contact GP.
Is the 4 the total prescribed  or what they had available?

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2014, 08:05:06 PM »

4 on the box is nothing to do with the GP! it's the Pharmacist who put the product into the box  >:(
Pages: [1] 2 3