Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Help!  (Read 5047 times)

dolliman

Help!
« on: September 01, 2014, 11:07:31 AM »

Hi Ladies,
I'm relatively new on here and really would appreciate your advice.  I turned 50 in June and haven't had a period for about 4/5 months now. I'm obviously delighted about that and have no issue at all with my age. However, I've become a right bitch sometimes!! I just want to scream and as much as I love my husband, there are times when I really don't like him very much. Is it worth going to my Dr about or will this pass?
Thank you.
Xxxx

babyjane

Re: Help!
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2014, 11:16:52 AM »

hello and welcome to the forum. My experience is that it will pass but, and it is a big but, it could take several years. You can't help it or control it with mind over matter or reasoning as it is caused by fluctuating hormones. If it is really bothering you and your husband a chat with your doctor if he/she is menopause friendyl could help you.
I have not been here long myself but I noticed a section called Advice for Husbands. I have scanned through it and could have done with it about 4 years ago. Perhaps you could take a look at that.

caz24

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2014, 01:00:08 PM »

Hi dolliman

Welcome. I'm also a newish member of the forum and I would recommend that you take some time to look through some of the older posts. I did this and you'll see that we're not alone in feeling and behaving like this. I've said before that I can feel like someone else has taken over my body and I know that I'm being horrible but I can't seem to stop myself. I never used to be like this.

You will find lots of good advice and tips on here and the support will help you through those times when you really do feel like you're a bit mad. x

babyjane

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2014, 01:21:26 PM »

hello to you too carol24  :)

caz24

« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2014, 10:29:52 AM »

Thanks babyjane  :) and hello to you. I've enjoyed reading some of your older posts on here. I find it so helpful to be on here. If I'm having a rubbish day it's nice to log on and know that you're not alone in all this.

babyjane

« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2014, 10:51:01 AM »

I agree I find the menopause years can be a lonely place, even though I seem to be coming out the other side a bit now I still find it a lonely place as I don't really know anyone else going through it, at least no ladies willing to talk about it and all the nonsense that goes with it.
This is why this forum is so supportive you don't feel silly or alone no matter what you are feeling  :)

owenlana

« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2014, 01:11:28 PM »

Hi
I sympathize totally, we all experience this during menopause.  Some perhaps worse than others.  I can be terrible to my husband at times, he is very understanding though and generally finds it best to let me rant for a time in my mood before he just leaves the room!!  During my rants I often have a strange buzzing in my head as if telling me to stop!! 
Past couple yrs my mood has improved considerably, I read a lot of self help books which have been very useful.

X

Milamam

« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2014, 03:21:25 PM »

Hi, I think my moods changed to the opposite since perimeno begun. I used to explode at home after work for every little thing, my husband would irritate me with everything, girls too. I see now that things don't get to me that much, I am not so bothered , the "oh well" approach ! Result: much less fighting at home! My husband is also not the calmest person on earth, so it was really bothering at times before. Now I don't even pick up on his rants...and things are much better. Thank you, perimeno, for one thing!

julie53

« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2014, 03:39:30 PM »

I've only just joined this forum & don't even know if I'm posting this correctly! I'm nearly 53 & been having a horrendous time over the past 2 years, really building up this year! My stress levels are through the roof & I'm crying at more or less everything now. My younger son is nearly 18 & going off the rails & putting me through hell as well at the moment. I saw my doctor yesterday & he has prescribed me Prempak-C 0.06mg (I think the lowest dose) I took my first one last night as although I've been very scared about starting HRT, I'm at my wits end with my life now, so just thought oh well I've nothing to lose. Is there anyone out there who could tell me their experiences on this tablet & how long it takes to work. I'm not really looking forward to putting on extra weight as already gained 1 stone over the last year!! Help

julie53

« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2014, 04:36:39 PM »

Hi I'm so glad I've found this forum. By reading all the posts they have really helped me as I've been struggling for so long now. I fully relate to how you feel towards your husband, I've even wondered why i married him etc etc. I've hated him so much at times & shouted that i just don't care about anything anymore.....i've been so low & feel like I've become a different person. I never thought i would be in this position in my life. I really hope these Prempak-C improve my mood & quality of life & get me out of the depths of despair! Just listen to me!! >:(

babyjane

« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2014, 04:59:48 PM »

Hello and welcome julie 53. As well as chatting in this thread there is a new members section. If you introduce yourself there and tell a bit about yourself then more ladies will see it. They will only see your post here if there come into this thread.
I cannot comment on the HRT as I have not taken it but there are lots of helpful ladies here and someone will be along soon with some advice.

Kathleen

« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2014, 05:10:05 PM »

Hello ladies just wanted to say I'm in this club too! I'm finding that the emotional turmoil that comes with the menopause very difficult to handle. In fact I'm seeing a counsellor to try and help me through it but it's not easy.

julie53 - If you haven't already, I suggest that you post in the new members section so that other ladies can welcome you properly and offer their advice. There is lots of help and support here, you are not alone!

Wishing you well and take care.

K.

julie53

« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2014, 03:15:02 PM »

Thank you Babyjane & Kathleen, i will do that. It's so nice to know there are so many women we can relate to going through all this. It really does help.

Thanx again x

nelliedee

« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2014, 07:10:31 PM »

I am also 50 and still having periods, 2 weeks before they start my husband and my mother make my skin crawl !!!  I know that sounds awful but its the truth. Its now got to the point that when I feel myself getting irritated I think,'oh I must be due on in 2 weeks' . Hubby is good but he sometimes says ' oh your in that mood arnt you' and that also irritates me. Sometimes I leave the room when one of them is in mid sentence as they simply irritate me talking a load of dribble  ::) the other 2 weeks of my cycle I am patient, loving and interested in what they have to say so I know its hormonal and I dont feel guilty about my feelings anymore as I have no control over how I feel x

jeanie m

« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2014, 09:02:25 AM »

me too with the moods i think i could compete with my 3 year old grandaughter pretty well. the hrt i was on really helped, lately think my levels are dropping again as all the symptonms coming back so am going onto premique now. I came off hrt for about 8months to see whwre i was...it was hellish the night sweats headaches etc, so had to go back on.
Pages: [1] 2