Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: patches or tablets  (Read 3436 times)

Anjia

patches or tablets
« on: April 16, 2014, 04:03:55 PM »

I started on ellesste solo 1mg tablets then went to 2mg but had side affects so changed to patches.Well now I am on the third different patch and just cant get used to them ,I find the day after I change a patch I feel dreadful headaces anxiety just awful I think I will go back to the lower dose tablet any suggestions please x

honeybun

Re: patches or tablets
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2014, 07:27:55 PM »

What patches are you on.

I decided that patches were going to be best for me as I have tummy troubles and don't react well to pills.
I am on Evoril conti but started on the sequi.

Honeyb
x

annied

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2014, 08:24:03 PM »

Hi Anja
we all assimilate medication at different rates and you might find that when you slap a new patch on the old patch still had a decent dose left in it, so there is an overlap ( rather than the dose in your body decreasing due to the age of the patch) and you might be getting a bigger dose on day 1 of the patch change.
I had gut problems when I started on HRT and tried a variety of HRT medications including patches. In the end I tried low dose Premique. It stopped my hot flushes and I didn't have any gut problems. I also found that after a year on the Low dose, I could swap to the ordinary dose without any of the side effects I had suffered in the beginning.
May be worth a try, or change your patches a day later and see what happens
Good Luck
Anne

Anjia

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2014, 08:27:44 AM »

Thankyou both for your help the patch Im on Honeybun is Evirol oestrogen only I had a hysterectomy but to be honest I don't think I will last with this patch I feel dreadful today. I think I might and try stopping hrt maybe its not for me anymore?

ellie66

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2014, 08:30:51 AM »

There is also gel which I love Oestrogel is so easy to tweak the dose.

honeybun

« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2014, 08:34:44 AM »

Perhaps it's worth considering cutting the patch in half until your body gets used to it. What strength are you using.
The patches are more effective than pills as they deliver straight into the body rather than having to be metabolized by the gut.
Too much oestrogen makes me very shaky and I also feel a bit sick, so half a patch may be the answer.

Honeyb
x

Anjia

« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2014, 08:50:47 AM »

The dose Im on is 50  the last one the doctor give me was 75 much to strong for me.I just don't no why I cant get a balance.

honeybun

« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2014, 09:06:59 AM »

I am on the conti version same strength and I use half a patch. It gives me symptom control with few side effects.

Or as ellie says gel is easy to use and easily tweaked.

Honeyb
x

Anjia

« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2014, 09:18:24 AM »

Thanks Honeybun I will try half a patch see how it works x