Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Livial 7th day - itchy and swollen forearms!  (Read 4428 times)

Mommarv

Livial 7th day - itchy and swollen forearms!
« on: April 17, 2016, 10:32:07 AM »

Hi I was started on Livial seven days ago for menopause. On Friday I developed red itchy patch on both forearms, worse on my right. This morning they feel quite warm and achey and keep having to run them under the cold tap to cool them down.   Also my right forearm is definitely swollen today. Has anyone suffered from these symptoms and did they subside? I haven't taken the Livial yet today and made apt to see GP in morning as not sure whether I should considering the swelling. TIA X

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Livial 7th day - itchy and swollen forearms!
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2016, 04:20:09 PM »

Let us know how you get on!  It may be the fillers that you are reacting to.  Don't use it until you have spoken to your GP or a Pharmacist. 

CLKD

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2016, 04:40:34 PM »

Any news?

Mommarv

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2016, 08:19:27 AM »

Thanks CLKD when I woke up yesterday morning the swelling and itching to my arms had completely gone so I cancelled the appointment (much to daughters annoyance!) I didn't feel justified in wasting docs time as there was nothing to show her but I will go if it returns. My main problems now:- a niggling tension/almost a headache constantly which I'm hope will eventually go but much more debilitating is ridiculous tiredness and needing to sleep! I had this a while back which is one of main reasons why I decided to try HRT, by time I got to see doc following blood tests it had subsided and I thought it must have been due to a nasty virus I got in February. However the last couple of days I've literally struggled to keep awake! Going to ask about this on a separate thread and see if anyone else has experienced the same. Xxx

CLKD

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2016, 04:42:51 PM »

Read it  ;)

Mommarv

« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2016, 08:39:31 AM »

Just an update for anyone who has found this thread because they have been started on Livial. Been on it for three weeks now and the side effects of itchy, swollen skin and tension headaches have completely gone. I am definitely less jittery and anxious, sleeping better (sometimes to excess still) and the hot flushes have gone completely. Still feel less confident in that when faced with some everyday situations I'm stumped! Sometimes the smallest of tasks seem too daunting and I feel lost, sounds ridiculous and it's hard to explain. Basically I suppose I feel I'm very lazy and 'can't be bothered'  ???  I have now started to feel stiff in my muscles and after an hour of light gardening yesterday I'm stiff as a board this morning !  my clothes are feeling tighter so must have put on more weight but that could be due to inactivity rather than the HRT. Anyway no miracle cure for me yet but Livial has definitely made some difference and GP did say to give it three months to have full effect. Would be grateful to hear from anyone else who is on Livial, especially how long it was before it took its full effect X

Mary G

« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2016, 12:37:24 PM »

Mommary, I'm so pleased to hear that the Livial is working and you are feeling better but as you say, it will take a few months to really kick in.

PompeyLou has a thread on Livial at the moment.  She has been taken off Livial by some clueless doctor who thinks she cannot take it because she has a womb!  Am I right in think you still have your womb? 

warwick01

« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2016, 02:24:35 PM »

Hi Mommary

I am on day 11 of Livial but have been adding 1 pump of oestrogel (not advised) just until it gets into my system. I was on oestrogel before but lost effect, than I tried Kliovance for 3 months to no avail, felt off all the time.

I think Livial is my last hope, so praying it works. Still feeling a bit tense with the odd flush during the day but sleeping better. One thing that has improved is the vertigo I have suffered for several years. The higher the estrodiol the worse it got....grr fingers crossed  ;)

Wx

Mommarv

« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2016, 10:54:59 PM »

Mommary, I'm so pleased to hear that the Livial is working and you are feeling better but as you say, it will take a few months to really kick in.

PompeyLou has a thread on Livial at the moment.  She has been taken off Livial by some clueless doctor who thinks she cannot take it because she has a womb!  Am I right in think you still have your womb?

Yes I still have a womb!

Mommarv

« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2016, 10:59:46 PM »

Warwick01 I do hope it works for you. Strangely enough after posting on here this morning I went on to have one of my best days I've had in ages! An unusual feeling came over me - motivation lol! Cannot believe what a difference I've felt and the lovely weather has helped too! Feeling hopeful! Take care xxx

warwick01

« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2016, 07:26:33 AM »

Hi Mommary

That's great news ;D

Keep me posted on your progress. However with past experience for me I don't think it will be all plain sailing....... xx