Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 68

Author Topic: Tonight on the menu is ...  (Read 198172 times)

san

Tonight on the menu is ...
« on: August 06, 2012, 04:36:53 PM »

Is anyone else fed up with thinking what everyone is going to eat for the evening meal?
Plus I'm bored with walking around the supermarket trying to think of new ideas.

Thought if we share what we are having it might bring new ideas or revive a meal we haven't made for a while.

So tonight I'm making sausage, mash, peas & onion gravy. Clotted cream rice pud for sweet (tescos not home made  ;D)

purplenanny

Re: Tonight on the menu is ...
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2012, 04:44:46 PM »

;D Sorry San, not a good start - we are having sausage, mash and carrots tonight - and NO pudding! yours sounds lovely so I may be over later....
Purplenanny x x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2012, 04:46:23 PM »

Nowt yet.  Had a peppered beef salad at 12.30 then a whole chunky fruit scone with jam and cream at 2.50 p.m. stuffed  ;D.  there is a repeat of lunch in the fridge, or bananas or ......... the 1st 2 evenings of the week are rushed due to having to be out of the house by 5.30 as you can see I didn't go tonight.  Then Wed we can plan the rest of the week.

Annika

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2012, 04:52:27 PM »

Sounds yummy San and great idea to start a post. its mind boggling trying to come up with something all the time. :o  Tonight I'm doing meatballs and penne pasta, garlic bread not a big stretch but we're all glued to the Olympics so not standing in the kitchen for hours >:(

san

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2012, 04:55:44 PM »

PN looks like Monday could be sausage night  ;D
We don't have a pudding ever night. The rice pud was for yesterday but we couldn't manage it after lunch.

Love meatballs .. Haven't had them for a while  :)

littleminnie

« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2012, 04:59:14 PM »

What a good idea for a thread San. I hate wondering what to have for tea too. We are having Potato Ash tonight.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2012, 05:00:57 PM »

Himself is good at:

chicken curry with either rice or Naan bread
Naan bread with tomatoe paste, cheese, other veg of choice - each layer is melted under the grill and another put on top until .......
Bacon and eggs
Pasta dishes

if it were left to me  ::)

Tea and Toast

« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2012, 05:06:36 PM »

I wasn't sure what to start for dinner tonite (online shopping arrives tomorrow morning!) until I read Annia's post and remembered I have meatballs in my fridge! I will put them with M&S tomato and Basil Sauce and whole wheat spaghetti.
Dessert? Hmmmm! Perhaps a slice of Vienetta from the freezer!

Bette

« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2012, 06:13:11 PM »

Homemade salmon fishcakes (from the freezer) new pots and frozen peas. We never have dessert "then and there" but will probably have a mini Magnum later. We eat little and often rather than big meals but no doubt get through just as much!
I was working this afternoon so we had an early lunch of scrambled eggs on toast. When I got home, OH suggested getting fish and chips but I decided that as we'll be having plenty of that sort of thing when we're away, I'd make the effort to produce something slightly healthier.  ;D
Bette x

san

« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2012, 06:18:40 PM »

Susan I'm on my way ... it sounds real yum  :)
Bette thanks haven't had fish cakes for a while, so another idea.

Mrs P .. I'm sure it will still be here for you on Wednesday. Happy Anniversay for tomorrow. Enjoy  ;)

changesbabe

« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2012, 06:23:57 PM »

Oh god dinner was so stressful tonight. I had decided on an over ambitious dinner but didn't have much time. I had some chicken strips so thought I would stir fry them with veggies, make a cheese sauce and put them in home made pancakes - god it took forever to do and all I could see was the minutes ticking by - they tasted delicious but you should have seen the pots and pans at the end of the meal - thank god hubby does the dishes. Never again will I cook something like that in a short space of time - should have gone to the chippie!!! Xxx

Bette

« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2012, 06:27:47 PM »

haven't had fish cakes for a while, so another idea
That's reminded me that I used to make fish goujons (using cheap "uneven sized" strips of pollack from Painsburys.) I've also got a stash of chicken goujons in the freezer from when I found some reduced organic skinless chicken thighs on sale. They feel "naughty" but are relatively healthy, I think.  ;)
Bette x

grandy

« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2012, 06:28:59 PM »

It was fish suppers for us tonight.

ariadne

« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2012, 06:57:26 PM »

Myself, husband and son rarely eat the same thing so tonight it was:-

Me. Roasted Lemon and Parsley salmon fillet with broccoli and carrots followed by a WW Chocolate Eclair (I LOVE them)
Hubby. Liver, mashed potatoes and cabbage followed by Bakewell Tart
Son. Homemade Steak and Guinness pie with Skin On Chips and 2 Auntie Bessie Yorkshire Puds followed by helping of ChokaBlok ice cream

ariadne xx

honeybun

« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2012, 07:05:28 PM »

Ariadne.....your house sounds like mine. We often eat different things  ::)

Tonight however we all had the same.

Prawns with mango and avocado salad with cherry tomatoes, lettuce and an olive oil and chilli dressing. Then some cheese and biscuits. I did make some homemade soup today. I was given an enormous marrow from someone at our community garden. The soup turned out really nice although I have gallons of it. It will freeze well and will be nice for lunches.

Honeyb
x
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 68