General Discussion > New Members

back here again

(1/2) > >>

Wildeve:
 :-*Good morning everyone.   
     I thought I was actually over the worst of the meno at 65. :'(
    things have become increasingly dreadful this last few months, with uti burning, peeing most of the night, no sleep and gp who has suggested             
to up my vegifem to every night again and also gave me some steroid cream? does anyone else get relive from burning by occasionally using a steroid cream on Virgina lips?

feel so down at the moment but you wonderful women save my sanity!

eve. :)

CLKD:
Vagifem can be used nightly.  Some ladies do so to keep the vagina comfortable as well as using 'ovestin' or a moisturiser on the outer labia.  I suggest that you put a treatment up now and another this evening, continuing for at least 7 nights.

If the skin is very dry it may well sting on initial applications.  Using a little on the finger might be the way to go if the stinging continues.

We have threads on bladder issues and lots of atrophy  ::)

let us know how you get on

Wildeve:
Thanks so much for your reply trying to find my way around this site at the mo.x

CLKD:
I've bounced a few topics that might be of use.  Make notes ;-)

Suziemc:
Morning Wildeve

Yep....I have similar 'story' to you whereby my symptoms worsened 8+yrs after menopause. Been using Vagifem for about 10 yrs but then vulval itching/burning got so bad I couldn't wear knickers, I also wasn't sleeping well. Went to gp in Feb, she was very good, listened to my woes and agreed to give me Oestrogel and Ultrogestan along with some steroid cream for the vulval itching (did examination to check nothing wrong).

The HRT sorted my sleeping issues and other symptoms and the steroid cream gave a most welcome immediate relief from the vulval itching/burning. I do find I have to use it every week or so, but I use so little and it keeps me comfortable that I figure it's worth it. I use vagifem every other day too.

Here's hoping the steroid cream works for you too

Sue

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version