Menopause Discussion > Other Health Discussion

Scared why I'm losing weight?

<< < (6/6)

CLKD:
My lowest was 5st something, 1971 when I was 17.

When I married in 1975 I was 7st 2t.  Went down to 6st 7lb for years.  None of my colleagues were worried, I worked for the NHS.  On the go all the while.  When my dog slowed down in the late 1990s I went up to over 9st - it took 14 months of daily walking to get back to 8st-ish.  My GP weighs me twice a year.   I know how I am by the belt of my jeans ;-). 

Our Practice Nurse will give weight advice.  Not having regular bowel movements will add weight on as will drinking .......... ;-)

shrosphirelass:

--- Quote from: sparkle on March 05, 2020, 08:09:30 PM ---Do you have anything to eat in the evening?

--- End quote ---

A packet of crisps, about 2 hours before bed, which surprisngly doesn't upset my stomach. When I list what I eat it doesn't look as healthy as I thought, just had half an egg custard!

I think my metabolism seems to have speeded up, food goes through me much quicker than it used to, but maybe that's all the veg, grapes  and granary bread that I eat.

shrosphirelass:
Most of my friends envy me. It's costing me a fortune as Ive had to buy loads of new clothes as my jeans were literally falling down!

Snoooze:

--- Quote from: shrosphirelass on March 04, 2020, 08:55:16 PM ---Ive gone down from a consistent 9 2 to 7 10 in 18 months. Hard to know the pattern of it as didn't record it, but I guess that is consistent with losing about a pound a month which seems about right. Ive increased my (good) fat content in order to increase calories and calcium in the last 9 months and my stomach has actually improived a bit, maybe as it has got used to a higher fat content, so when it experiences any it doesn't go into panic mode!

--- End quote ---

Hi..this happened to my sister in law and it turned out she had type 2 diabetes. Have you been to the GP about it? A lot of people associate type 2 diabetes with gaining weight but for some it does cause weight loss. This was years ago and she is even thinner now. She just can't gain weight.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version