Menopause Discussion > Other Health Discussion

Scared why I'm losing weight?

(1/6) > >>

Lyncola:
Hi Ladies,

As as my many other premenopausal problems another one 'that's got me confused is my weight loss. I've cut back on exercise, I'm eating more carbs and protein but I'm still losing weight?

I've got a doctors appointment on Monday and will asked for a blood test to see if my thyroid is overactive? But 'what's upsetting me is today I feel really hungry and I eat and I still feel hungry. I've only just managed to feel full. After eating 1 x whole meal toast, passion fruit, kiwi fruit, bran loaf, yogurt, almonds, biscuit, chicken sandwich, plus wing and stuffing.

Of course I googled and the word cancer pop up. This menopause just really is crap. As you can see I from the post before I've also got a burning bum and thighs. I'm really starting to get down, I know I see my doctor too much, but I'm just so scared and sad, dam hormones.

Thanks for reading and any advice will be greatly appreciated

Lyncola

Lyncola:
It's strange I've just had afternoon tea 20 potato gems, I didn't feel hungry before I ate them, then after I eat I feel full for about 10 minutes. Then my stomach feel hungry and full at the same time?

I also plan to eat, a meat pie and vegetables for dinner and ice cream, I don't understand how I can eat so much and lose weight?

Sparrow:
Have you seen your GP about this Lyncola.  Any unexplained weight loss should be checked out.  Are you doing any extra exercise that might explain it.

I have just seen your other thread and see you have a doctors appointment next Monday.  Do ask about your weight as well.

shrosphirelass:
Hi Lyncola,
Ive also lost weight and still losing and am down to 7 11, I'm 5 foot 2. Dr ran whole set of blood tests which were all ok. As my weight is still within a normal BMI the dr doesn't seem overly concerned, but Ive got to have follow up blood tets in a couple of months just to be on the safe side. Most of my friends are putting on weight and I have to make myself eat carbs so that I don't lose more. Tbf my appetite isn't what it used to be though I do weat 3 good meals a day and try to have snacks as well.
Do make sure you get all the blood tests when you go to the drs, better to be on the safe side.

Lyncola:
Thanks for your reply's,

No I'm not exercising more, I was before Christmas, but pulled a rib. I'm just doing my usual 15 minutes of Pilates every morning and a walk if I'm not working.

My appetite is very strong and I eat a lot. I've increased what I eat trying to put weight on, I don't understand how I can eat a lot and often and still be hungry. I've lost 4kg since September, at first I wasn't concerned because I cut back on sugar, carbs because of my husband diet and had increased my exercise. Then I hurt my ribs so exercise got cut right back. Started more carbs and protein and little bit more sugar.

The lowest I've been is 59.8kg, then I went on holiday for a week, I managed to put on 0.5kg by eating a lot and cakes everyday. Since Christmas the most I managed was 1kg put on in a week. I got very excited, and because I put weight on I didn't tell my doctor, now I've lost 0.5kg. And I've done nothing different. I've ate so much today, and right now my body telling me it's hungry?

This is what I've eaten today - 1 x toast, kiwi fruit, passion fruit, bran loaf, biscuit, almonds, hot cross bun, pumpkin scone, biscuit, dry apricot, chips, vegan veggie pizza and ice cream.

It will be interesting to see what the doctor says. My husband tells me not to worry my body just doing its thing. I'm bout the weight now as before I had my babies. So about 25years ago. I've never had a weight problem. And can have the problem of losing easily. When I had my first ovarian operation, I was wasn't allowed to eat for 4 days. Back then you weren't allowed to eat after the operation until you did a poo? I lost 8kgs.

Hopefully my doctor will do blood test, last time I talked to her about weight loss she talk about sending me to a dietitian to make sure I'm eating enough protein? I just want to make sure I don't have any health problems :(

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version