Menopause Discussion > Personal Experiences

Terrible Anxiety - making me so ill

(1/10) > >>

LindyLouLou:
Hello, sorry for starting another thread about this.  I just feel so bad.  I have read this forum for a long time and always found it so helpful.  Felt so good for quite a while too that I dipped out - now the anxiety is back with avengeance. 

I have health anxiety and suddenly with the news that my brother needs a triple heart by pass - I have plunged terribly.  Not sleeping, racing heart, worried about dying. So nauseaus, tearful.  I was feeling so good.

Sorry to sound so depressing. Just wanted to get it out by venting my feelings.
Lindy

libby1:
Hi Lindy

Know how you feel  :foryou:  i've had health anxiety for 2 1/2 years and it's horrible. Sending you a hug  :bighug:  Are you taking anything for it? I've just started taking Kalms which doesn't stop it but just takes the edge off the feelings of terror.

Libby
x

Joyce:
That kind of news would have same effect on most of us LindyLouLou.  With things that are going on with me at the moment, I have every sympathy. I'm not nearly as anxious as you though. I'm coping using Bach's remedy rescue pastilles. Worth a go. But if you are feeling like you can't cope, maybe a visit to your GP would help.

When's your brother having his op?

Witches Cat:
Oh Lindyloulou, I so feel for you, I'm exactly the same, I go on happily for a little while, then I hear of a family member who has problems and I immediately think I've got it, or I'm going to get it, and I plummet. I find the best thing is to take each symptom of how I'm feeling and rationalize it... sort of  "it can't be this because"  or "if it was that, then there'd be this as well"  and also  "it can't be that because sometimes I feel so well, but that wouldn't go away" It doesn't always work but most times it does. Am I making any sense? I do hope you feel more yourself soon, keep your chin up...
 :tulips2: 

Dyan:
Hi Lindyloulou,
I know exactly how you are  feeling.
I suffer from anxiety and have had health anxiety in the past.
I too went down when my brother was ill recently and needed a transplant.
It is an awful thing and I sympathise with you.
Maybe a visit to your GP to see if there's something to help you through this awful time.
 :hug: for you X

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version