Menopause Discussion > Personal Experiences

Terrible Anxiety - making me so ill

<< < (2/10) > >>

CLKD:
Don't suffer! go to your GP and ask for medication to ease symptoms.  Been there .......  :-\ .........  :hug:

groundhog:
I really sympathise too.  Anxiety is awful and infiltrates through you.  I have been reading your posts Cubagirl and hope you get some good news soon. Lindy Lou - I think whenever we hear news like this it is terrifying and if you are anxious anyway everything is magnified.  I don't know what to suggest as I am exactly the same.  I am on citalopran for depression and anxiety but it is doing very little.  At the moment I am awaiting a phone call and I am in bits.  I had a scan last week and went to the GP on Thursday and the promised results weren't there.  My anxiety has been there all weekend and today it's 100 times worse as the results have been re faxed and I have to wait for a phone call.  The ultrasound was on my kidney as I have been having pain but they concentrated for ages on my liver area.  I am trying to control the panic inside me.  I can't blame this on the meno as I have always been anxious.  It's horrible and not helped by the fact I am on my own which is why I am on here.  At least we can chat on here and help each other through these things.  Hope you get some relief Linda Lou xx

CLKD:
Groundhog - are you able to up the Citalopram for a few days?  I take 5mg at night and if necessary, add 5mg in the morning for 5/7 days.

groundhog:
Well CLKD - I'm on the standard dose of 20mg per day but to be honest they don't seem to be doing much.  That said it's only if and when you stop taking them you realise they were helping after all.  So do you take the extra on top of the 20mg tab.  Some of my friends are on 40mg so I thought 20mg is a low dose but if you are only taking 10mg, maybe not.  I don't know I'm just not in a good place and the slightest thing now sends me down the dark roads we shouldn't visit until we have to.  Going to be a long day :(

littleminnie:
How long have you been on the Citalopram Groundhog?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version