General Discussion > This 'n' That

Dog HRT -who knew it was a thing?

(1/5) > >>

flossie fiddler:
My 16.5 year old Malinois has just been prescribed Incurin. She’s generally in good health (arthritis is her main issue) but over the past 6 months has been more anxious and showing signs of cognitive dysfunction. The last couple of months she’s been dribbling urine. Not all the time, but when she’s asleep or relaxed, we’ve noticed dampness in her bed. The last 2 days she wet the bed fully so we took her for a checkup.

After ruling out a UTI (which she’s had before) our vet told us this was common in spayed bitches of any age, but particularly in large and elderly dogs. Turns out Incurin is Estriol, which Martha will be taking in tablet form, and in 90% plus of dogs, it reduces or even eliminates urinary incontinence.

This got me thinking about the joint issues and dementia-like symptoms, and wondering if they will show some improvement too, as when I went on HRT my brain fog was gone and my joints stopped hurting.

I’m just musing really, but it makes sense that lack of female hormones in any species can cause issues.

jillydoll:
Ohhh yes Flossie, makes sense really.
Whose your vet?
I'm making an appointment ASAP.  :lol:

Wishing your dog all the best. 💞

flossie fiddler:
😂😂 I have often said that our pets get better medical care than we do at the moment, with our broken NHS.

But, yes, our vet is extremely knowledgeable and switched on.
Do you want her number? 😂😂

--- Quote from: jillydoll on February 24, 2024, 05:56:11 PM ---Ohhh yes Flossie, makes sense really.
Whose your vet?
I'm making an appointment ASAP.  :lol:

Wishing your dog all the best. 💞

--- End quote ---

discogirl:
hi flossie fiddler

Thats really interesting. what a switched on vet you have.

flossie fiddler:
Indeed I have. Shes an excellent vet.

--- Quote from: discogirl on February 24, 2024, 06:12:09 PM ---hi flossie fiddler

Thats really interesting. what a switched on vet you have.

--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version