General Discussion > This 'n' That

Dog HRT -who knew it was a thing?

<< < (2/6) > >>

CLKD:
Although other animals don't have a menopause as such, common issues with what humans might suffer could be helped with HRT.  My spaniel became senile as she aged, she would stand on the wrong side of the door to go out in a house where she had lived since aged 7 months  :-\.

Let us know how she gets on. Is this recent discovery?  Is Martha part of a study?

flossie fiddler:
I don’t think it’s a new treatment, but I wasn’t aware of it, and she’s not part of a study. For the mild dementia we have her on a supplement called Aktivait, which is helping a lot. Similar symptoms to your dog with the hinge side of the door, and pacing at night too, but in the 5 weeks she’s been taking the supplement we have noticed an improvement.

Will update when we see how she’s doing on the Incurin

--- Quote from: CLKD on February 24, 2024, 09:07:43 PM ---Although other animals don't have a menopause as such, common issues with what humans might suffer could be helped with HRT.  My spaniel became senile as she aged, she would stand on the wrong side of the door to go out in a house where she had lived since aged 7 months  :-\.

Let us know how she gets on. Is this recent discovery?  Is Martha part of a study?

--- End quote ---

CLKD:
Tnx.  Mine would walk by me then howl up the stairs in case I was up there  :-\

jaypo:
So interesting, my tiny chihuahua is due to have a hysterectomy next month but I'm in two minds as I was reading a study by vets saying that dogs DO suffer menopause but obviously not like us but the sudden stop in oestrogen will affect them, doggy hrt sounds great  :D

CLKD:
Other animals have oestrus, not periods.  What's wrong that  your Girl requires spaying ?  Where did U read that info. is it a recent Study?  U could make an appt to discuss further with your Vet. B4 committing. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version