Menopause Discussion > All things menopause

All over the place and very worried

(1/2) > >>

christinedownsouth:
Hi everyone. I really am at my wits end now with one symptom after another. Just to recap I was firstly hit with high BP and an irregular heart beat and am on betablockers which has stabilised that. My main symptoms have mainly been weird electric shock/tingling sensations, a feeling of brain fog including slurred speech and regular headaches. I was put on HRT and am on Femaston but its early days, only on the first packet.

Since taking this I have had a painful lower bad back which felt kind of related to the electric shock pains but my GP thought this was nothing to do with anything menopausal and advised me to do exercises. As soon as this cleared up a few days ago I've been hit with what I thought was possibly thrush. I saw a chemist and she gave me some Caneston cream and told me to go to the doctor and said it was probably vaginitis. I saw the DR the next day and she took a swab and just advised me to keep taking the cream saying the results would be back next week. I've also got to have a full set of blood tests redone but I havn't even had a chance to go for those yet.

I have since had the most awful weekend. This vaginal infection has got worst to the extent that I am shuffling around the house in pain, the stinging is off the scale with discharge though thankfully its not painful to pee. I have managed to get an appointment online at the drs tomorrow morning but its too early for the swab results. I am hoping for antibiotics but looking at other peoples experience of this it doesn't look that straightforward and I am worried its going to be a regular thing.

I am doubting now whether I should even be on HRT? I don't have any of the more common symptoms such as hot flushes. Although the headaches, bad back and electric shock symptoms have improved but I still get slurred speech in the afternoon when I am tired.

I just feel all over the place now

Sparkler:
Hi Christine

I hope you feel better soon. It reads like your body is still in major adjustment to HRT. Have you used a vaginal applicator for thrush? Once, thankfully only once, I had an episode which felt like sitting on razor blades. Was nothing like any thrush before or since, but the full treatment cleared it up.

Try to drink lots, sleep lots and let your body adjust. Did you start on a full dose of HRT? I know some ppl find it better to start on a low dose or oestrogen then increase later.

S
X

christinedownsouth:
Thank you Sparkler, I think what didn't help was I was prescribed a HRT more suitable for ppl who had a hysterectomy and too high a dosage, this came to light when I had the bad back and I am now on Femoston 1/10 mg a day which I know I need to give more of a chance. Sitting on razor blades.. yes thats exactly how it feels as I perch gingerly on a chair typing this.. lol. I will seek further advise at my GPs appointment tomorrow as to what the best treatment is, thank you x

christinedownsouth:
Thanks Birdy... I'll bear that in mind, I have now got antibiotics and I hope they kick in soon as I am still shuffling around the house like an old lady. And I should get the swab test results soon, that might be my next step if this doesn't clear up and I dont get a clear explanation

CLKD:
You need to speak to someone with a knowledge of vaginal atrophy.  Do read the threads on the Forum. It may well not be an infection!

A fresh urine sample must be sent to a lab. for testing to see if it grows a Bug which can be appropriate treated.  Canesten sent me into a cool bath for 3 hours with severe burning as I didn't have thrush! which again, is obvious when it's severe on examination.  4 me it was like an intense continual itch high up in the vagina.  I suggest getting some LIVE yoghurt.  Eat a lot which will cleanse the digestive tract as well as applying into the vagina as high as possible.  Then lay back and rest.  Over the counter pain relief every 3 hours too. 

VA 4 me: like razor blades  :o up there.  Proper treatment usually sorts it.  Did the urine sample grow a Bug?  If you have been given a broad spectrum AB it may be altered 2 appropriate treatment if a report comes back positive.

Do ask for atrophy treatment and let us know how you get on.  VA is miserable until sorted  :-\

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version