Menopause Discussion > All things menopause

All over the place and very worried

<< < (2/2)

christinedownsouth:
CLKD ... I think you are spot on. My symptoms are exactly what you described. I stopped taking the Caneston yesterday partly because it was getting too painful to apply it and partly because I didn't feel it was helping... in reality it was probably making it much worse. Feeling a bit stressed now as I was relying on those antibiotics to kick in as I need to be back at work by Friday, but if its not an infection they may not work. I will defiantly try the Live Yogurt, my friend has also suggested this. The doctor should be calling me any day now with swab findings but no urine sample was taken. This is all new to me, I guess I am lucky to have gotten to 54 without ever having thrush etc...

CLKD:
Yep.  Lucky.  You are not alone though.

Get plenty of pain relief down you.  The ABs should ease symptoms even if there is no Bug found.  I had to sit on the loo with a cuppa in one hand, glass of cold water in the other: it was the place that I could relax the spincter otherwise I felt the need to pee continuously.  Sitting allowed the pee to flow but I got that nip as the end ......... which made me go cold. 

LIVE yoghurt - plain.  I find the Greek 1 is the best.  But do keep the two pots separate, one in the fridge, the other in the bathroom  ;).   Some ladies find using a tampon to insert the yoghurt as high up as is comfy can be of use.  Often. 

christinedownsouth:
Thank you, think I am turning a corner, feeling a little better thanks to a couple of cool baths, the antibiotics kicking in and live yoghurt! Defiantly less stinging pain today but still  hard to bend down and of course you keep dropping things when you are in this state lol!!

CLKD:
I drop things: fall over slippers: forget that I am holding anything  ::).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version