Menopause Discussion > All things menopause

Ovestin v Vagifem Inernally

(1/5) > >>

CherryC:
Morning,
I suffer from some VA and dryness. I have been using Vagifem for many months now (a 2 month daily load at the consultant's suggestion) and then 5 days a week. I still suffer from the razor blade feeling internally during intimacy (particularly on the left-hand side - I am wondering if this is where I had an episiotomy many years ago!). 
As I am not feeling any improvement, I am trying Ovestin internally 5-7 days a week instead.   I have only just started this but wanted to ask if anyone has had better success internally with Ovestin than Vagimem?
I am also on full hrt -  100mg Estradot patch and 100mg utrogestan vaginally nightly.  I use the ovestin in the morning.
Thank you! x

LizzyLoo:
Ovestin all the way for me (but I only use twice weekly) x

Joaniepat:
Hi CherryC,

Re Vagifem versus Ovestin, it's a case of try it and see, as what works for one doesn't always work for another. Also, if you are dry inside, Ovestin may work better, as for some the Vagifem doesn't dissolve too well.

The advantage with Ovestin is that you can also rub some directly onto the labia. Regarding the old episiotomy scar, rubbing some Ovestin in gently might help. Has anyone examined you there, or have you had a look yourself?

If you have Facebook, it is worth joining the private Vaginal Atrophy Facebook group run by Jane Lewis (Maryjane on this forum). She has also written a good book called "Me and my Menopausal Vagina".

JP x

Whatsupwiththis:
I use both.  Vagifem internally and estrogen cream externally.  As for intimacy, many ladies seem to like Intrarosa.  You may want to put Intrarosa into search engine as there is an excellent thread on this product.  Unfortunately I am not a candidate as I require much stronger VA treatment due to severity but for ladies with mild to moderate VA, Intrarosa seems to be an excellent option.  Hope you get it sorted.  Such a long road to hoe.

CherryC:
Thank you for your helpful replies ladies - I will report back after a period on the Ovestin x

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version