General Discussion > New Members

New here and not looking forward to what lies ahead...

<< < (2/4) > >>

Kg1974:

--- Quote from: pants46 on February 14, 2020, 04:51:09 PM ---Kg,
I had to calm down, before I replied.

--- End quote ---

How do I reply without quoting everything??!!
Anyway OMG  :o I DO NOT WANT TO BE IN YOUR SHOES!
I will definitely seek another opinion and not one of a man. I quite like the idea of having a womb actually. It was like he was suggesting removal of just a fibroid was a waste of time. He said the fibroid was the size of a small baby's head and would "make a mess" of my vagina if removed that way. I've had a baby thanks. I'm sure it can cope with 9cm
I really don't want to gain weight and the last time I was on a combo of ADs, patches and the coil that's what happened. I wasn't even depressed until I started not fitting any clothes!!

CLKD:
I agree.  Don't let anyone remove the womb/ovaries   .............   if you are otherwise healthy: and this isn't going to cause cancer: it is your womb!  Is the Consultant working on a private basis, if so I can understand his wanting to remove ....... not that I'm cynical.  :-\. Is it that should a piece be left behind it might cause further problems? 

It is there for a purpose.  OK so that purpose goes away as we age but if it's healthy .......... certainly get other opinions.  If it's large now, although it seems to have been slow growing; why didn't they remove it previously  :-\. 

Hysterectomy is major surgery.  It also brings up hormonal problems which are overlooked by surgeons keen to whip it all out! 

I think there is a group: "Hystersisters" - you might like to ask on there. 

CLKD:
NHS web-site

Treating fibroids

Fibroids don't need to be treated if they aren't causing symptoms. Over time, they'll often shrink and disappear without treatment, particularly after the menopause.

If you do have symptoms caused by fibroids, medication to help relieve the symptoms will usually be recommended first.

There are also medications available to help shrink fibroids. If these prove ineffective, surgery or other, less invasive procedures may be recommended.

Apparently triggered by oestrogen ......... so as levels drop off the fibroid should shrink?    There is a lot of info on NHS Fibroids so it may be worth having a look-see ?

pants46:
My shoes are the only things that still fit me !!  ;D  >:(
I appreciate you don't want to come of the minipill to take meds to shrink it. I was on the minipill for 12 years, no periods, no mood swings. Heaven.
But, if you could take meds to shrink it over a few months, then get it removed when it is a bit smaller ... that would be a good plan. Fibroid gone. Bits all intact. Back on the minipill .... happy days ?
xx

CLKD:
Time to make a list of your worries and to explore other methods of treating this? 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version