Menopause Discussion > Personal Experiences

Side Effects of Utrogestan Anyone?

(1/2) > >>

Kathleen:
Hello ladies I wonder if anyone can help me please?

I have been taking Utrogestan 100mg orally for just on three months ( the patch I use is Evorel 25mg, recently increased to 50mg). I have had a cold and cough virus lately but in the last week I have felt really unwell, often dizzy and feeling sick. I also feel really tired and of course irritable. I assumed it was the virus but when I looked at the patient information sheet all these conditions are listed as side effects for Utrogestan.  So my question for you lovely ladies is does this ring any bells with anyone? Has anyone else experienced these side effects from using Utrogestan orally. 

Thank you for reading and wishing everyone well.

Take care.

K.

Sarah2:
Hi

How much do you take- every day, 12 days a month, 25 days a month?

I take 200mgs once every 6 weeks for 10-11 days. I take it before bed and assume you are doing this too?

I once took some and didn't go to bed for an hour afterwards and felt very dizzy- this is a known side effect.

I also sometimes feel slightly nauseous if I wake at night having taken some- but not enough to be an issue.

I didn't get on with 100mgs at all-taking it over more days. I kept getting migraines as the levels fell.

Hurdity:
Hi Kathleen

I have never taken Utrogestan orally - I use it vaginally, but it seems strange if you have suddenly expereinced these side effects when you've been taking it for 3 months?

Vaginal use is recommended for those who suffer the adverse side effects you describe, but if you are taking it continuously - which I imagine you might be - then that probably wouldn't be an option.

Maybe wait a couple of weeks and see how you feel - to see if it is related to your virus?

Hurdity x

Taz2:
Could it be the increase in the Evorel? 

Taz x

Kathleen:
Many thanks Taz 2, Hurdity and Sarah2 for your replies.

I have been told to take Utrogestan for 25 days so maybe vaginally is the best way to go, plus increasing the patch to 50mg was probably a shock to my system.   Still feeling a bit wobbly today so maybe not quite recovered from the virus but I will plod on...

Thank you ladies for your comments, much appreciated.

K. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version