Menopause Discussion > Personal Experiences

Side Effects of Utrogestan Anyone?

<< < (2/2)

andius:
My doctor bumped me up from 100mg to 200mg EVERY night orally in a new continuous regimen with the estrogen gel.  I did this for 3 wks without much issue except sleepy after about 30 min (i take at night) and a little breast pain and nausea/indigestion at first couple of days. I gained about 5 lbs and still had urethral problems, though. However, I still think it is too much prog and not enough estrogen for me.  So recently I started splitting the estrogen dose into 1/2 am and 1/2pm to see if keeping steady levels will help....it is divigel 1mg which is supposed to be equivalent to a 50 patch.  Since many places mention 100mg progesterone at night orally with 50 patch, I have recently dropped back down to 100mg at night now for about a week. I go back to the doc on 6/2 so I wanted to try this lower dose prog for a while with the gel so I can report about both to him. I think I like the patch* better.

*I was on patch before trying this gel regimen

Cassie:
200mg continously, sounds like an awaful lot of Progesterone wow!

Hurdity:
I agree andius - I find 200 mg vaginally too much really but orally that much every day would be horrendous!

Yes I agree re the patches - if you are after a steady dose then they are better for this provided they are stuck well and keep levels steady - just a gradual decline until renewal - and they don't run out if you change at the correct time!

Hurdity x

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version