Menopause Discussion > Postmenopause

INTERNAL VIBRATIONS

<< < (4/4)

marge:
I never get them at night.  They come on at some point in the morning and are always gone by the evening.  Sometimes they last an hour, sometimes longer.

Gnatty:
I used to get them as I was falling asleep. They went away when I slightly lowered my oestrogen.

Kathleen:
Hello ladies.

I had these internal vibrations which intensified about three years after my last period. They were in my chest /abdomen and were impossible to ignore. Nevertheless I put up with them but after six months I threw in the towel and began HRT. Although they have reduced considerably I still have them sometimes. Bizarrely, even at their worst, the horrible feeling would always stop at about 9pm when I would be back to normal again.

My trusty meno book says they are definitely a meno symptom but come from the receptors in the brain rather than the body. The best description came from one of the ladies on the forum who said it felt like she had swallowed a large mobile phone that was stuck on vibrate!

I always thought they were due to low oestrogen but now I wonder if they result from an imbalance. I am in the process of lowering my oestrogen due to bleeding and breast tenderness and I certainly don't want the vibrating to come back.

Take care ladies.

K.

marge:
Thanks Kathleen, interestingly enough, mine always stop in the evening too usually when l start getting dinner ready about 6pm. I wonder if it’s because my mind is concentrating on something else as it always stop when l’m driving too.

joziel:
I've been paying particular attention to what's going on with these vibration-things recently.

For me, they are related to my palpitations. They seem to start a bit before. Last night for example, I had tingly feet - slightly pins and needles-like. I thought 'here we go again...' and I took my blood pressure with the home blood pressure machine, and it was normal - and no irregular heart beat icon was on either. (Checked twice.)

Continued my evening and got into bed and I could then feel the same sort of gentle pulsing now in my hands. I also feel the pulse in my belly beat strongly when I lie in bed for some reason. And shortly after that, the palpitations started.

So I don't know if what we're feeling is palpitations?? But it's affecting the blood flow around the body, causing this gentle vibration or pulsing. I say 'gentle' but when I had high blood pressure (caused by the estrogen) it was actually really strong throbbing against the bed kinda thing.... Which is why I think it is our blood vessels doing this, maybe in response to palps? Does anyone else feel that palps are happening at the same time as their 'vibrations'? (If you have a home blood pressure machine you can see if you get an irregular pulse icon on it.)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version