Menopause Discussion > All things menopause

Cravings

(1/3) > >>

Juneo:
Just wondering if anyone else is craving sweet things I've been like this for months now I was like this years ago before my period was due and for the first couple of days of my period. That all stopped when I had my hysterectomy aged 32 that was 21 years ago I did have my overlies left in but the last 6 months or so I have been craving sweet things xx

Salad:
Yes I get days where I crave carbohydrates or sweets or both  ::)
Makes sticking to healthy eating a real nightmare!

Valentine:
Yes I have these cravings and I never did before. Sometimes I don't realize until I look back at what I have eaten all day. Some days it all junk! 

CLKD:
Yep.  Cheese currently - what's that about  ::)

I found as I aged that chocolate made me feel sluggish - this is a bar a day Girl here! - and now tastes too sweet.  Bugga  :whist:

Hurdity:
I used to get this during the second part of my menstrual cycle getting towards my period - I think it has something to do with the differential effect of our sex hormones on blood sugar metabolism and I think some women are more sensitive to this. I also used to get hypoglycaemia symptoms in the time leading up to peri-menopause - presumably when my hormones were surging and even carried glucose tablets around with me until I learned how to manage blood sugar levels. I can't remember the details but it has something to do with progesterone rising and falling! Sorry that probably isn't helpful at all but just saying I had it too!!

Hurdity x

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version