Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34]

Author Topic: Does "man" offend you?  (Read 57315 times)

Autumnwalks

Re: Does "man" offend you?
« Reply #495 on: April 21, 2024, 07:47:27 PM »

I'll ask a dear transgender friend  of mine of whom I have several if menopausal pain is a "thing"and get her opinion. I know she feels very threatened at the moment by certain events leading to hatred against certain minority groups.

jaypo

« Reply #496 on: April 21, 2024, 07:53:08 PM »

If he's a trans man,then I dare say meno symptoms can be a thing but no way can a trans woman have meno symptoms,biologically impossible.

Autumnwalks

« Reply #497 on: April 21, 2024, 08:31:43 PM »

Male to female. Be interesting to get her thoughts.

Taz2

« Reply #498 on: April 22, 2024, 07:06:45 AM »

Maybe they actually mean having problems with HRT side effects. A close trans woman friend of mine has had a difficult time finding the right regime which doesn't cause her to have disabling migraines. This meant days off work from her demanding job. She does have a supportive boss though.

Taz  :-\

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Replacement therapy side effects : Does "man" offend you?
« Reply #499 on: April 22, 2024, 07:40:59 AM »

Good point Taz it's something that I have wondered about.  If women have side effects and find a regime difficult to sort, how do the trans community who undergo treatments fare?  Even the Journalist David = Diane didn't mention those in the accounts of his long journey.  He spent £Ks as well as went the whole way and in the reveal photo he looked absolutely stunning  8).

Autumnwalks

« Reply #500 on: April 22, 2024, 08:49:13 AM »

Yes I'm sure that's right Taz. I know during COVID she was panic stricken as certain drugs she needs were difficult to get and she was in a lot of discomfort. Probably hrt related and she is in her forties too. Also absolutely beautiful!

Taz2

« Reply #501 on: April 22, 2024, 09:05:49 AM »

It is becoming easier for trans women to access HRT products now but can still take far too long in my opinion. Websites and forums such as this  are an invaluable source of information of course and, from what I've been told, can really help in the quest to get treatment. As we always say on here to whoever is finding themselves fobbed off by the GP - read up on as much as possible and go back to the GP forearmed with all of the information and don't give up. Dealing with hormone problems is hard enough even without transitioning, which often brings its own difficulties with your friends and loved ones (including your children maybe) having to adjust to the new "you".

Autumnwalks - my friend is beautiful too and puts me to shame with her make-up and fantastic dress sense.  ;D I hope your friend now has the treatment she needs. I'm sorry she is having a worrying time.

Taz x
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34]