Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

twitter facebook blogger

Pages: 1 ... 903 904 [905]

Author Topic: What have you done today?  (Read 1220486 times)

CLKD

Re: What have you done today?
« Reply #13560 on: June 23, 2018, 06:23:57 PM »

Cut back some roses
Lost my long-distance glasses somewhere in the shrubbery  :o  :-\
Changes can be scarey, even when we want them!

Pennyfarthing

« Reply #13561 on: June 23, 2018, 06:32:01 PM »

Slept really heavily and well
Liesurely breakfast then 3 antique centres
Light lunch
Home now, on the patio
Have removed lots of weed from the ponds and scooped up 1lbs worth of duck weed  :-\ being careful not to scoop up froglets  ;D

I also looked round an Antiques Centre with my friend today. thats something I havent done for several years as I went off antiques full stop. We had loads but I sold most on Ebay and at car boots.  My late FIL was a real antiques collector and we acquired a lot of it. 

As you know we have loads of antiques shops and centres around here but I don’t think people are as interested in antiques as they were a few years ago.  Certainly the shops are not as busy.  I think this is because the “country kitchen” and “shabby chic” look has gone out of fashion.

I enjoyed looking round today but didnt buy anthing.  I have a few bits of antique jewellery left,  a couple of pictures and we have a grandfather clock which my OH refuses to sell although I would sell it tomorrow.  I also have some really old linen items which I wouldnt get rid of.  I have a huge collection of metal knitting needle gauges and I wouldnt sell those either. 

CLKD

« Reply #13562 on: June 23, 2018, 06:42:56 PM »

Linens fetch good money at auction.

We like Holt and Fakenham for antiques ........ but haven't been to Costessy Fair yet.  There's still stuff 'out there' that we can make money on ;-).  Over here shabby chic is all the rage, never done it for me, preferring proper furniture though I suppose if it gets recycled rather than thrown  :-\ ..........
Changes can be scarey, even when we want them!

Lanzalover

« Reply #13563 on: June 23, 2018, 07:59:39 PM »

Been to working this morning.

Then met up with DH and DGD and went for a quick walk around the zoo they had been there since opening time.

We were going to have a pub lunch and let DGD have a play in the play area but she decided she wanted to come home and bouncy (play on the trampoline) and get the paddling pool out so home we came but we have had a lovely afternoon and it was very hot.

DGD went home and DH watching the football so we had a really easy tea (Pizza and chips).

Lanzalover x

Pages: 1 ... 903 904 [905]