Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

twitter facebook instagram blogger

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: WW - Propoints  (Read 7602 times)

Misty

Re: WW - Propoints
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2011, 03:45:37 PM »

I started WW ProPoints plan after Christmas and have so far lost 8 lbs and am still doing the diet (usually given up by the end of January!).  Because I have an underactive (treated) thyroid, losing weight has always been a problem for me, but I am finding the ProPoints diet really good and I don't feel I am on a diet at all, nor do I feel hungry.  I can still have the foods I normally have, in smaller portions and have learnt to substitute some foods for others with lower points.  The only 'concession' I have made is that I have really cut down on alcohol (not a bad thing to do anyway), which is helping.  Also almost stopped smoking (about 3 a week now, which I still enjoy) and started pilates and badminton as well as walking.

I have decided that whilst my body might be going through the mill, I might as well keep it as fit as possible, so this is the year I will lose weight and get fit - do you think it will ease the meno symptoms??  Nah, didn't think so ;D

Taz2

« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2011, 08:14:22 AM »

Thanks for posting Misty. This sounds so positive and hope that you get to your target weight. Walking, pilates and badminton sounds really good too. Not sure I could cope with all of that. I have wondered about joining a WW or SW group - I would like to lose around 10lbs but I dither and put it off each time!

Taz x

Cheeky

• "be strong & learn to look after yourself"
« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2011, 09:27:42 AM »

Thanks Misty,

I like your thinking and sounds like the best and most healthy way of losing weight.

Good Luck in your weight loss, I am sure you will be down to your target soon.

Take care  ;)

paulairo

« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2011, 07:38:50 PM »

I lost over two stone on the original WW plan and I have kept it off for about 2 years or so now, of course I still have my blips now and again but I just diet again and get the excess off. My daughterr is quite overweight and has been doing the new plan , she has done really well without trying too hard and has lost 18 pounds since xmas, she has a really long way to go buy at least she is heading in the right direction.

Misty

« Reply #19 on: December 14, 2011, 10:45:57 AM »

HI there ladies

Update from February this year.........

Finally.............reached goal weight last week..........yay!!  2 stones gone and hoping for another 7lbs after Christmas.  It's only taken me nearly a year  ::), but I got there in the end and feel soooooooo much better for it and yes, for me, it has eased the meno symptoms, all except for the constipation, which has got much worse >:(

Keep with it if you are doing the WW ProPoints plan, I can highly recommend it and they are bringing out the Healthy & Filling plan in the new year, which is much more versatile and means you don't have to count points if you don't want to, which I shall definitely be doing to 'maintain'.

Taz2

« Reply #20 on: December 14, 2011, 08:13:34 PM »

:congrats: Misty... Two stone is really good. I am sure that you will make that last 7lb target!

Taz x  :)

Cheeky

• "be strong & learn to look after yourself"
« Reply #21 on: December 14, 2011, 08:16:47 PM »

Well Done Misty

:clapping:  :congrats:  :clapping:  :congrats:  :clapping:
Pages: 1 [2]