Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20

Author Topic: Noise  (Read 83867 times)

jaypo

Re: Noise
« Reply #270 on: February 15, 2021, 01:24:31 PM »

Haha brilliant tootsey,glad it's not just me  ;D

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #271 on: March 07, 2021, 03:15:49 PM »

The neighour has been pressure washing his 2 large vehicles for 4 hours thus far  >:(.  Then there's the hoovering ......... doesn't he know it's SUNDAY  :argue:

The other neighbour decided to use a chain saw to rid himself of some wooden furniture :bang: :bang: :bang: B4 mowing his lawn  :beat:

CLKD

« Reply #272 on: August 24, 2021, 02:25:44 PM »

:bouncing:  4 new members

Once I tune into a noise, it's there, bothering me.  >:(

Suzysheep

« Reply #273 on: August 24, 2021, 03:10:33 PM »

Thankyou for bumping this CLKD x

CLKD

« Reply #274 on: August 24, 2021, 03:12:45 PM »

It might help  :D

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #275 on: August 25, 2021, 07:33:51 PM »

We’ve had new neighbours since about 4 months ago.
All they’ve done is, bang, saw, bang, saw, drill. And, it’s not just that, it’s the kids WITH the adults sometimes, playing bloody football in the garden, thud, thud, thud, is all we hear when the ball hits their fence which is stood up a wall. 🤷🏼‍♀️ It drives us mad!
I quickly get up and shut the patio door, and turn the tele up a notch. 🤬
That still doesn’t drown out their kid when he starts crying, I think the whole street can hear him shout MOM…..😡

CLKD

« Reply #276 on: August 25, 2021, 07:51:52 PM »

That's new neighbours 4 U.  Our newbies moved in 5 years ago and he hasn't stopped, I'm sure that not all the alterations is legal  :-\.  He has 3 motorbikes ......... which he stands in the front all running at once  ::).  U can only ride 1 at a time?

The constant bounce, bounce, bounce of balls gets 2 me too.  Next door's daughter was into basket ball, so was dropping balls for hours at a time.  The bounce on the ground  :o she's moved onto drumming now  ;D

getting_old

« Reply #277 on: August 26, 2021, 09:38:16 PM »

A number of years ago we got new neighbours and every weekend and evening they were DIY'ing, so constant banging and hammering. After about 6 months they called round to say they'd been burgled and had we heard anything unusual  :-X

CLKD

« Reply #278 on: August 27, 2021, 07:36:08 AM »

;D

Sparkler

« Reply #279 on: September 10, 2021, 06:57:13 AM »

I did wonder whether my reaction to noise was to do with peri? I do listen to music but really don’t like intrusive background noise, or large variations in volume on TV, and some noises give me a physical reaction, like anxiety and I just have to make it stop.

Is this normal- ish?

Sparkler

jaypo

« Reply #280 on: September 10, 2021, 07:54:45 AM »

Pretty normal (ish) for us lot  ;D
I hate loud noise too,not music etc but roadworks or the bin men emptying the glass recycling,that kind of thing,wasn't like that when I was younger for sure

Suzysheep

« Reply #281 on: September 19, 2021, 03:33:52 PM »

Sparkler… I’m suffering big time with extreme anxiety and physical reactions to noises. I feel like most noises are torturing me at the moment. Never been like it before….

CLKD

« Reply #282 on: March 23, 2022, 04:02:55 PM »

Does any1 remember the bit in 1001 Dalmations when the dogs passed the message on about where the puppies were?  It's like that here today  :bang: 1 dog starts at the end of the Estate which encourages all the others, I can hear the drum roll right across the village  :o Add that doors banging, kids on scooters up and down; lorries from the building sites 'going home' ........ then someone found his strimmer  :poke2:

Ju Ju

« Reply #283 on: March 23, 2022, 04:58:12 PM »

One of the first films I ever saw. Loved it! It used to be like that here, but some of the barking culprits have died and I forgiven the yappy little dog next door for yapping so much once I realised her presence has stopped any sign of rats. She can carry on yapping! It’s quiet here. Next door is all out and no very loud music. Just bird song. Wish I could bottle it. Oh and the odd mooing from the cows. I think one of them has asthma or smokes a pipe!

Vicky81

« Reply #284 on: March 23, 2022, 05:12:02 PM »

Hi I've got this too. Developed a severe jumpiiness to most noises now.....especially a main road ....cars whizzing past on a fast road. Is this anxiety to do with peri?
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20