News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 20

Author Topic: Noise  (Read 83855 times)

Dede

Re: Noise
« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2010, 08:24:21 PM »

I'll never complain about noise again after what happened to me four weeks ago.
 I woke up and couldnt hear anything, not even my own voice (I posted a message about it ) It was the most frightening experience I have ever had. I felt totally isolated and trapped inside my own head. I was desperate to hear anything. There was no sign of infection in my ear but I was given antibiotics just in case. Its a long story but after six days I heard the car engine and traffic in the street for the first time, not a lot but it was a start and I was so relieved. I finally managed to get an urgent appoinment at ENT and was told it was ETD eustacian tube disfunction.
 I'm still finding it hard to hear voices but I'm so relieved that I can now hear something, even flushing the toilet is music to my ears ! I found a help line where people had posted their experiences of ETD and in some cases it has take six months for it to clear up. Maybe we should start a topic on favourite sounds.

Oldteen

« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2010, 07:31:52 AM »

I get sensitive to noise too. When my husband and son go off on one of their jaunts together for a couple of days and it's just me and my daughter, when they return and start talking in their loud, booming voices ( about football or something equally unimportant) I feel like telling them to go away again!

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2010, 07:14:48 AM »

Dede - begin that Thread :-)

My ears go silent occasionally but never both together.  Also I've had  a lot of like they feel 'full' recently but a quick wriggle with my little finger and it gets better.

Oldteen

« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2010, 09:57:36 AM »

CLKD - Earwax.

Dede, that must have been awful!

CLKD

« Reply #19 on: September 27, 2010, 10:54:07 AM »

I'll get hubby to have a look later - if he can see right through  ::) ........ :P

Dede

« Reply #20 on: September 27, 2010, 07:19:57 PM »

Hello all,Thank you for your concern.
 I kept trying to wriggle my ears in the hope they would pop, it was a nightmare, definetly couldnt see daylight through my ears  :)

Oldteen

« Reply #21 on: September 27, 2010, 07:23:00 PM »

Well, that's some consolation! ;D

CLKD

« Reply #22 on: October 19, 2010, 11:54:06 AM »

Fork lift truck reversing all day so the alarm goes constantly.  Hedge cutting ready for the new builds.  Builders cutting slates for church roof quarter of a mile away then the bang bang bang of the hammer as the nails go in to hold the slates on    ........ at least the barking dog from yesterday has shut up  >:(

Joyce

« Reply #23 on: October 19, 2010, 12:39:07 PM »

It's quiet beside me.  For now.

CLKD

« Reply #24 on: October 19, 2010, 07:16:58 PM »

Move over, on my way  ::) ???

Meg

« Reply #25 on: October 20, 2010, 10:01:12 PM »

With regard to noise sensitivity.  Yes,yes, I seem to be ultra sensitive nowadays.  Cannot tolerate loud noises and yet seem to be surrounded by people intent on causing them.  Builders banging, car doors banging, intensely loud music coming from cars, Supermarket delivery men loudly unloading their crates.  Forced to move a few years back because of noisy neighbours and dread a recurrence!  Think I have always been a bit sensitive to loud noise but meno has ramped this way up and we are living in such a noisy world, particularly in the cities.  Would love to escape somewhere where it is peaceful.

Best Wishes

Meg

CLKD

« Reply #26 on: October 21, 2010, 07:13:50 AM »

Our neighbour has treated himself to a strimmer  >:(

Taz2

« Reply #27 on: October 21, 2010, 02:02:55 PM »

I hope they watch out for hedgehogs.

Taz x

CLKD

« Reply #28 on: October 21, 2010, 02:13:21 PM »

As well as our baby froglets  ::)

Meg

« Reply #29 on: October 22, 2010, 09:05:38 PM »

Pammie

I well understand your feelings.  There are too many totally inconsiderate people and those of us who just want peace and quite are entitled to it and should have a lot more protection of our rights.  Good Luck.

Meg
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 20