Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 20

Author Topic: Noise  (Read 83854 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Noise
« on: September 20, 2010, 10:55:30 AM »

>:(  :bang: :bang: :bang:  I seem to be more susceptible to noise.  Can't bear the radio on.  Pick up every movement the fork lift truck is making on the building site half a mile away.  Car gears seem to grate more .............

I hear every creak and groan in the house at night.  Kids screaming down the Estate annoy me a LOT  :D

Joyce

Re: Noise
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2010, 12:19:09 PM »

It's horrid when that happens.  Every nerve on edge.  I get that when I'm knackered, like now! Fold across the road are having an extension built at the back of their house and the hammering is driving me nuts!

CLKD

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2010, 12:25:03 PM »

I could hear the bubbles in the washing up water in the sink popping, bit like that breakfast cereal! whilst I was working the other side of the kitchen earlier  >:( it took ages to locate the snap, crackle and pop  ::)

Pammie

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2010, 03:20:58 PM »

I prefer peace and quiet... but I wouldn't say I was noise intolerant or sensitive.  Although raised in an extremely quiet area I am very tolerant of what they call necessary noise.. ie building works, traffic etc. 
But what I can't stand is unnecessary noise, inconsiderate noise... people shouting at the tops of their voices at each other, when we all have to be spectators to the Oprah moment.  Why do I have to listen to other people's music or TVs.. why can't I listen to my own?  The type of noise which says "I don't give a s**t about you!" - totally disrespectful.  Better stop now or I'll go into an even bigger rant :rant: 

Peaceloving Pam xx

Joyce

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2010, 07:22:37 PM »

Know what you mean Pammie.  I have a neighbour who got a new dog a few months ago.  He takes it out for regular exercise, which is fine.  Except that he frequently has the dog off the lead and exercises his tonsils by yelling at the dog to stay to heal.  Maybe he should train the poor dog better.  No need for that, it's like some folk who insist on screaming blue murder at their kids, when a much more subdued tone will do.

Bette

« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2010, 07:48:47 PM »

I hate it when people yell at their dogs - especially if they're barking - will obviously only make them bark louder! No need to ever yell when training a dog. Obviously I hate it when they yell at their kids too  ;D
Bixby x

CLKD

« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2010, 07:52:52 AM »

I hate it when parents won't let *me* shout at their kids  ;D

this morning above the noise of traffic in the distance and the fork-lift truck on the building site I can hear birds singing, lots of  :-*

CLKD

« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2010, 09:48:18 AM »

My rant is : why can't people copy details correctly!  >:( I sent off a form for a magazine subscription and they have spelled my surname wrong  :bang: :bang: :bang:

as for the noise I'll kill that fork-lift driver before much longer  >:(

CLKD

« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2010, 01:26:49 PM »

All morning there's been the sound of people sawing, I think taking down trees not far away but it goes on and on and ...... they didn't even stop for lunch!  :'(

I walked into a clothes shop last night and straight out again - the musax drove me away  >:(

Joyce

« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2010, 03:16:13 PM »

Had neighbour out cutting his grass before 7am this morning.  Should be illegal!

Pammie

« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2010, 03:32:49 PM »

That's just downright inconsiderate - what's wrong with these people?? >:(

Get your own back in the morning Joyce - and cut yours at 6am ;) - what's sauce for the goose etc.

Pam x

Taz2

« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2010, 04:31:02 PM »

You'd need a torch!!   ;D ;D 

Taz x

Pammie

« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2010, 04:57:44 PM »

Yeah, and shine it in his windows! ;D

Pam x

Joyce

« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2010, 05:58:08 PM »

;D ;D ;D
Bless him he's really a bit old, probably couldn't sleep so thought he'd wake the neighbours!

CLKD

« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2010, 06:44:50 PM »

We had a neighbour who would cut his grass at 7.30 a.m. on a Sunday until I pointed out that because I had been long-term poorly I would appreciate a later start time, i.e. 10.0 0 a.m.; he would also wash his car with a pressure washer after cutting the grass ...... he's gone now.  Phew.  He told me he hadn't known I was ill and I told him it wasn't something I bandied around but if he had been observant he would have noticed my car constantly on the drive - undriven - and the Drs car there often.  He was the type of man who thought he knew everything before anyone actually did it!

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 20