Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39

Author Topic: Tell us how you cope with joint aches  (Read 662863 times)

Padine

Re: Tell us how you cope with joint aches
« Reply #555 on: December 17, 2019, 08:43:09 PM »

I havn't read all of this thread so apologies if this was mentioned in an earlier post. I have stiffness in the joint at the bottom of my left thumb which has become sore and sometimes a shooting pain goes up the inside-side of my forearm. I am 60, 5 years post meno and have been successfully on HRT for last 5 years. I have played the piano since I was 8 and it was interesting to hear Rick Wakeman on the radio yesterday saying that to keep osteoarthiritis at bay, pianists should play every day - he does this and it helps him. Why should this thumb pain come on so strongly? Is this what arthiritis is like? (Sorry about the spelling mistakes, don't know why I feel a bit trembling/anxious, Christmas usually affects me like this  :'( )

Padine xx

Sparrow

« Reply #556 on: December 17, 2019, 09:37:08 PM »

It sounds like Capel tunnel syndrome.  I have had this but luckily it seems to have settled, with the occasional relapse. 

Padine

« Reply #557 on: December 19, 2019, 06:44:04 PM »

I thought CT went up the inside of your palm? This pain is in the big joint at the base of my thumb and now is making my arm sore up the bone of my inner arm. I had a sore left shoulder and arm when I was a music student (violin playing maybe?) and I had a cortosone injection into the bone. It was sore during and after the injection, but it worked and I've never had any more trouble till now. I know in the great scheme of things it is nothing compared to what other folk go through, it's just a very sore pain I could do without!
                    Padine xx

Dina1601

« Reply #558 on: December 26, 2019, 05:10:31 PM »

:) Hi. I'm new to this forum and apologize if this has been covered already but I am dealing with groin burning and pain and inner thigh tenderness for 4 weeks now. I had 2 periods in September and that was the last I've had. Besides the night sweats and hot flashes, this pain is driving me crazy because it's always there. Anti inflammatories are hardly helping. I have been a professional long distance runner my entire life since 10 years old (now 53).... looking for some shared experience of pain. Also I am hypothyroid and on synthroid- so always had night sweats since 28 yrs old (ugh). So many nights I want to just go to the ER :(
Thank you for any input
Dina
Merry Christmas

suzysunday

« Reply #559 on: January 02, 2020, 09:37:55 PM »

My right index finger has gone weird last few months, nail changed shape and a lump below it that googling reveals goes by the wondrous name of mucous cyst.  Thumb nail dry and cracked.  Body aches all over.  I'm only 61 and really cheesed off with my body.

Victoria19

• First Flush
« Reply #560 on: July 21, 2020, 06:07:49 AM »

I am 52 and experiencing menopausal symptoms. The most unexpected ones have been waking up to numb fingers and hands, and more recently inflamed and very painful wrist joints. Having read various articles it appears this can happen with a reduced level of Oestrogen . I have had a Myrena coil placed in the last 6 months, and was prescribed an HRT gel. I had to stop using the gel after it caused continual and extensive bleeding. This has left me a little reticent trying other forms of HRT. With regard to joint problems I will try Glucosamine and see if that helps. I definitely need to lose weight, but am finding it difficult to motivate myself

Annie51

• First Flush
« Reply #561 on: August 05, 2020, 05:22:13 PM »

Hi I’m Annie, this is the first time I have written anything on the forum. My GP recommended this site. I’m 52, still regular periods every 28-30 days and I am struggling a little now. I have been living with the weird joint pain for just over a year and started taking Glucosamine which helped a little. I just wanted to share this tip tho’ it has really helped - 5Km or more if you can do it on an exercise bike. I also walk, but I find when I don’t cycle my joints start playing up again, especially at night. I stumbled on this during lockdown and found it helped. If it would only help the weepiness/insomnia/awful cramps and weird dreams.  It is a weird and lonely time x

RachFarm

• First Flush
« Reply #562 on: July 31, 2022, 05:43:55 PM »

Hi, I'm struggling with achy ankles, knees and hips. It a symptom for me which I associate with onset of perimenopause; symptoms also improve at times but then worsen. Just wondering if anyone have found similar symptoms to improve when they increase oestrogen? I'm considering increasing my Evorel patch- currently 75 dose to see if this helps? I also have more a coil for oestrogen. Thanks 🙏  :)

Marchlove

« Reply #563 on: July 31, 2022, 08:46:45 PM »

Hi RachFarm

Welcome to the forum!

This is an old thread so you probably won’t get many responses.

Why don’t you start a new topic, a good title could be just Aches!

X

trandall

« Reply #564 on: October 23, 2022, 05:58:00 PM »

Hi ladies I’m finding my aches and pains seem to be one side in particular left hip, leg, back and ribs any thoughts ?

BoingBoing

« Reply #565 on: October 31, 2022, 07:01:18 PM »

I’m not coping with joint paint at all so any advise would be awesome!!!!

I’m 42 and last December I started Zoladex after my second laparoscopy to remove endo.  I managed three injections but then stopped in February as I couldn’t cope with the constant neck, shoulder, spine and bone pain.  I was on HRT but was still in agony.

Since stopping Zoladex things have not improved.

I restarted the HRT in April as my gynaecologist thought that maybe my body had not returned to its normal state seeing as I was still getting side effects - stating I was probably now in peri menopause .

I take oestrogel x 2 pumps a day and vaginal 100 utrogestan.

However I’m still in agony and feel rubbish  :-\ :(

The constant neck, shoulder and spine pain is unbearable and I now also get frequent red boil type lumps under my armpit. Sleeping is a challenge too.

I’ve been back and forth to the gynaecologist and we are no further forward.

I do bleed each month and they are horrendously heavy and painful.

The last appointment with the gynaecologist was in august where he suggested I tried a continuous regime of HRT.

This has made things even worse as I ended up with hugely swollen and painful breasts, so I’ve abandoned this and gone back to cyclical.

Has anyone else experience these symptoms and if so what can be done to stop them and to help the pain (paracetamol, naproxen and codeine don’t help).

Thanks in advance

AKatieD

« Reply #566 on: November 12, 2022, 08:41:05 PM »

I am a slow, overweight late 50s runner who only took it up a few years ago but kept having episodes of knee pain. 3/4 years ago MRI scan said I was on slope to knee replacement due to osteoarthritis.

Researched things that might help and are effective. Main source was the alternative treatments in the Versus Arthritis evaluation of compounds https://www.versusarthritis.org/about-arthritis/complementary-and-alternative-treatments/what-are-complementary-and-alternative-treatments/

Glucosamine seemed to have little evidence to support it in the research. I picked those that did have evidence to support them. Tried pine bark/ pycogynol, frankincense/boswellia and turneric.

Whilst they helped a little, I was still getting ever more frequent episodes of knee pain that stopped me running. UNTIL I started HRT, none for over a year now and back to my slow jog!

Lizzie

• First Flush
« Reply #567 on: March 03, 2023, 10:57:37 AM »

After 16 months of throbbing joints as I lay in bed at night, being in pain with every step I took, an MRI showing gluteal tendinopathy and physio, then another MRI for a frozen shoulder and further physio and acupuncture and a month not lay down in bed, I decided I had to do something. I was 54 and still having quite regular periods, had blood tests to see if I had arthritis, but nothing showed. So I went to my local private GP, Dr Sarah Myhill who is alternative in that she treats causes and not symptoms., She looked at my diet and said there was too much sugar. She also recommended going dairy free and gluten free to see if that helped. Carbohydrates are full of sugar. So my granola, blueberries, bananas, biscuits, cake, potatoes, bread rice and pasta had to go.  I thought I would have nothing to eat, and as a fit farmer and not overweight, the idea seemed crazy.  She has wrote many books and I generally just stuck to the low carbs foods. Cooked breakfast or yogurt and seeds for breakfast, a good salad for lunch, and cauliflower instead of rice etc. Alot of nuts for snacks, and not a slave to it, as eating out or holidays would be very difficult. After two months, I was a different person. That is 20 months ago now. If I have a weeks holiday and eat anything and everything, I do know about it, this has proved itself to me several times now.  I had to share this, as I was worried that my future was looking bleak and painful, my age had made that my diet had to change with my body changes.  Now I am on the fight with the flushes!!

Bindi

« Reply #568 on: March 03, 2023, 12:34:18 PM »

Hi dr heather
My remedy is honestly the minute amount of ovestin im on that thankfully my dr  proscribed after 3 yrs of feeling like shit..and i stood up and said no more tests ..i did have Va i had been thru 3 drs that said it wasn't  meno related as i was in my 50s ..post meno at 54 im 60 in a few wks ..id had enough of travel and time and tests and money being wasted  BECAUSE my drs at the time thought i was to old for meno and should of been over symptoms..my new dr at least listened and put me on ovestin..i do after the intial load and 7mths laterim down to a peas size dose every two days..my kneck and shoulder,wrist pains are at least at bay,my headaches have eased..but at my old premenstral times i struggle as the aches come back..but at least i know the ovestin helps..but many thing it shouldn't as it is not systemic but for me win win cause it is taking the edge off but from this forum which i read every night i know my meno is ok now but can change at any time..but is estoril cream is helping this ozzie yes and ty for the forum..its my little bit of peace and knowledge..and i know im not along  ty 😊

cosmo68

• First Flush
« Reply #569 on: March 03, 2023, 09:22:20 PM »

Hi,  I  recognise lots of the symptoms but initially I didn’t know it was menopause related. I assumed old age on a good day or imagined all sorts of neurological illness on bad days.   I could never understand why the pain could come and go or move around my body and painkillers that had worked before now didn’t?
Starting HRT, lenzetto spray and Utrogestan 100mg, was the only thing that gave me relief.  It hasn't taken every pain away but now able to do relaxation and exercise which really helps. As my anxiety is improving I feel more relaxed physically and it helps let go of pain.
I hope you all find something that works.🙂 
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39