Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39]

Author Topic: Tell us how you cope with joint aches  (Read 704930 times)

Lynda07

Re: Tell us how you cope with joint aches
« Reply #570 on: March 04, 2023, 12:55:49 PM »

Thanks for your post yesterday Lizzie, it really has inspired me (and my husband) to cut out - or at least reduce - carbs and sugar. I'm full of aches and pains, I do have osteoarthritis in my hip but ache pretty much all over, my beloved walking is now something I almost dread. Your post just hit me as I know me and my hubby eat to many stodgy, high carb foods. I've also become pretty addicted to chocolate since giving up alcohol. I'm going to spend this weekend researching low carb ideas but thanks again.

Andil

• First Flush
« Reply #571 on: March 27, 2023, 05:49:55 AM »

Hi, it’s fingers and neck for me. OH has provided me with speech to text software called Dragon Pro (much better than the freely available tech) so when it’s too painful to type I can do most things verbally. I also take curcumin at night and when it flares up I am trying low dose ibuprofen continually.

Andil

• First Flush
« Reply #572 on: March 27, 2023, 05:51:40 AM »

Hi, it’s fingers and neck for me. OH has provided me with speech to text software called Dragon Pro (much better than the freely available tech) so when it’s too painful to type I can do most things verbally. I also take curcumin at night and when it flares up I am trying low dose ibuprofen continually.

seaswimmer

• First Flush
« Reply #573 on: April 03, 2023, 02:09:29 PM »

It hadn’t occurred to me that my joint pain could be related to the menopause, I did mention it to my GP but he just shrugged and sent me for an X-ray, so assumed I was just being unlucky. In the last 3 years I’ve had tendinitis in my achilles tendon and now in my hand and a frozen shoulder which took 15 months to recover from. Has anyone else had these type of joint/ligament issues ?  If so, what have you found that helps if anything

Flossieteacake

« Reply #574 on: April 03, 2023, 02:44:58 PM »

It hadn’t occurred to me that my joint pain could be related to the menopause, I did mention it to my GP but he just shrugged and sent me for an X-ray, so assumed I was just being unlucky. In the last 3 years I’ve had tendinitis in my achilles tendon and now in my hand and a frozen shoulder which took 15 months to recover from. Has anyone else had these type of joint/ligament issues ?  If so, what have you found that helps if anything

Hello and welcome to the forum. I had such a lot of joint pain and found HRT really helped with that. Sorry to hear your GP was unhelpful. It is good you have found this place as you will learn such a lot and get lots of support. :)

Vtramm

• First Flush
« Reply #575 on: May 09, 2023, 04:20:43 PM »

I am so relieved to have found this forum! I am in early menopause as I began this process at the age of 42 when I started skipping periods. My period stopped completely a year later and my doctor officially said I was in menopause last year. I have hot flashes and just recently joint and arm pain. I never knew menopause could cause so many physical symptoms. All I ever knew about was hot flashes. My doctor provided no insight and I had a female doctor! I don't like to take medication so if anyone knows of a homeopathic way to deal with this, it would be much appreciated. God bless!

Flossieteacake

« Reply #576 on: May 09, 2023, 04:34:50 PM »

I am so relieved to have found this forum! I am in early menopause as I began this process at the age of 42 when I started skipping periods. My period stopped completely a year later and my doctor officially said I was in menopause last year. I have hot flashes and just recently joint and arm pain. I never knew menopause could cause so many physical symptoms. All I ever knew about was hot flashes. My doctor provided no insight and I had a female doctor! I don't like to take medication so if anyone knows of a homeopathic way to deal with this, it would be much appreciated. God bless!

Welcome to the forum  Vtramm. It is lovely to have you here. There is an alternative section on the forum you may like to browse or post so members can answer your question. 🙂
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39]