Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 39

Author Topic: Tell us how you cope with joint aches  (Read 662720 times)

Libby Babe

Re: Tell us how you cope with joint aches
« Reply #45 on: March 16, 2007, 09:10:56 AM »

Hi Tricia :)
Hope you have a lovely day with your friend - I think spending the day with a good friend is the best medicine there is.  Have fun.
Love Libby
x
 :hug:

Squirrel

« Reply #46 on: March 16, 2007, 09:38:14 AM »

Hi Tricia

Sorry to hear you are having these problems.  Please don't think you are moaning you're just saying how you feel.  And if you tell people how you feel who knows maybe someone will come up with an answer for you.

Hope you enjoy your day with your friend and that you feel better real soon.  Take care.  :hug:

Chris  :)

PS  I was just wondering if you had changed your diet at all, could something you have eaten or drunk set it off?
« Last Edit: March 16, 2007, 04:18:20 PM by sleepless in london »

Tricia

« Reply #47 on: March 16, 2007, 08:50:33 PM »

Thanks everyone for you support yesterday it think it must have been the lowest day for pain so far, still a bit sore today, but yes my friend came round and we played some music and just chilled which was lovely, it was nice just to chill for the day, I also got in touch with my homeopath whom I have not seen for about 3 years because I have been in good health and she is sending me a remedy for the pain and also something for the hot flushes, I will be watching the post like a hawk  ;D ;D ;D

I just want to say it is wonderful to have this forum where you can come and just say how you feel and know that everyone will be there for you.

Love,

Tricia :-*

Libby Babe

« Reply #48 on: March 16, 2007, 09:59:35 PM »

Hi Tricia
I am so glad you had a lovely day with your friend today and hope you are not in as much pain today.  Good luck with the remedy that your homeopath is sending you - let's hope it gives you some relief.
Take care and look after yourself,
Love from Libby
x
 :hug:

Hotflush

« Reply #49 on: March 18, 2007, 11:32:33 AM »

Hi everyone, Tricia, i don't come on this bit very often and now i have read your messages i feel guily that i wasn't there for you like everyone else was.  I am sorry for all you have been through.  Will make sure i come on this one now. x

I was diagnosed a few weeks ago with Osteoathirtis so now i have the name to my pain.  It is just that my lower back has been really bad at times and i think it is due to the sciatica i have had for the last month and half.

love hotflush :-\

Tricia

« Reply #50 on: March 18, 2007, 11:42:15 PM »

Hi Hotflush :)

Don't worry yourself and there is no need to apologise, it was a rubbishy couple of days as I had not been in pain like that for such a long time, but thankfully homeopathic remedy had kicked in and I only have a few niggles just now I am sure it disappear in no time.

I am so sorry you have developed OsteoArthritis it can be so painfull, I hope you manage to get something for the pain soon you poor thing :-*

Love,

Tricia :-*

lizzie

« Reply #51 on: March 24, 2007, 07:15:13 PM »

Thanks to Libby for her nice welcome. It certainly has helped me to know that I'm not alone with these horrible joint pains. I haven't been able to get to the site for a while, because of work. One question I have is about pilates. I've been doing this exercise for about 3 years now and have generally found it very helpful for the back pain I used to suffer from, but which is now not a problem. However, recently I have the strong impression that it's exacerbating my joint pains, particularly my wrists and elbows and I'm wondering whether I should give it up and go back to swimming instead. Any thoughts would be welcome.

Lizzie

AmazingGrace

« Reply #52 on: March 24, 2007, 08:36:08 PM »

Lizzie I can thoroughly recommend swimming and if you have a jacuzzi jump in that as i find the warm water pressure on my leg i broke is very beneficial. Swimming is so good because there is no pressure on the joints. Enjoy :-*

peaheather

« Reply #53 on: April 13, 2007, 05:12:04 PM »

HI
I have in the past used manuka honey which I found extremely beneficial rather than glucosamine.  It tastes much better and I used a teaspoon a day (neat or on toast).  Much better than loads of tabs or liquid.  :-X This is expecially so if we are taking other tabs or liquid for other effects of menopause.
peaheather

dumplingdi

« Reply #54 on: April 19, 2007, 05:29:18 PM »

Dear Ladies, Hi there,
this is my first post on here and joint pain is the main reason i registered with this site.I am a fit 44yr old with 2 teenagers.I had a total hysterectomy 8wks ago, before that i had 6mths of stomach implants to stop my hormones.7wks ago i started on oestrogen only hrt 2mg and for the last 4-5wks have had constant joint aches and pains that more than once i considered going to the doc with( i strongly dislike bothering the doc).It was affecting my walking when it was my legs & knees.My shoulder would ceaze up and elbows would ache like no man's business.My wrists hurt so bad i had no power in my hands and the final straw was when my fingers went numb.I was lying in bed fretting last sat night when it came to me that maybe it was the hrt.So i stopped taking it and within 2 days i was fine once more.I've had problems on and off with my joints in the past so that is why it took me so long to think of the hrt.Everything i've read on this site so far has been saying the complete opposite of what i have experienced! I'm not saying it is the hrt i have no idea, but tomorrow i am going to start taking it again to see if the pains come back.I have the doc to see on mon so i will let you know what she says.Or if the pains come back before then!  i just don't understand it is there anyone can relate to this :-\.

Tanny

« Reply #55 on: April 20, 2007, 03:46:12 PM »

Hi di
I am not on HRT so can't blame that on my joint pains, but I am taking the mini pill.My joint pains are very similar to yours so I wonder if there's a connection, I have been having these pains for about five years on and off.  Lately my wrists have been playing up, picking up anything heavy with my left hand is impossible, and I have woken up recently with numb fingers.  Maybe I need a trip back to the doctors.

dumplingdi

« Reply #56 on: April 21, 2007, 10:20:11 PM »

Hi tanny,
it was nice to hear your thoughts on the matter. Well after posting that on thurs night my shoulder started playing up.It got so painful(again) that i never got 3 hrs sleep all night.( so now i know it's not the hrt.)I ended up asking to see the doc(yes that's how worn down i felt) she said because i'd had joint pain in the past that the meno had intensified the joint pain. so she has taken me off the artificial eostregen and put me on the natural made one to see if that helps. I am so ignorant of all this stuff i never knew what caused the pain. The only thing i knew related to meno was sweats. I feel so glad today because i have had a pain free afternoon, the ache is there but at least i can function! I have never ever heard of anyone being delapitated by joint pain because of the menopause in my life, this is all news to me.I even asked the doc to clarify if i was in the meno and she said very much so , it's been like you have been pushed off the end of a cliff.  di xx

suemumof2teens

« Reply #57 on: April 23, 2007, 01:58:41 PM »

Hi all

Have just started to get these painful joints.  Mainly in right hand, right knee and neck.  I work at a shop, and bending and kneeling alot does not help. But I am find if I keep my knee still for awhile( like on my days off) it gets worse, that might be just my thinking.

Thats all I seem to be able to say on this.

Sue

sharon a

« Reply #58 on: April 24, 2007, 01:07:43 AM »

Hi Sue

I find the same with my knee pains - keeping still is worse.  I find the best thing for me is to keep on the move for a while, rest for a while then keep moving again. I'm taking glaucosamine and find its really helped with the knee pain although not with other joints as yet.  Ibuprofen also helps, I don't like taking painkillers if I can help it but sometimes they are a godsend

Hope this is of some use
Sharon A

bevsmith

« Reply #59 on: April 27, 2007, 10:46:13 AM »

Hi i a a newbie, i suffer with fibremyalga,[ sp ] and have horrible neck shoulder and head pain when i have a flair up,it is sooooo easy to sit and mope about which in my case actually makes the pain 10 times worse,so i push myself to go swimming and find it realy helps, could anyone suggest any homeopathic remedies which may help as i also have IBS and acid reflux so will not take strong painkillers or anti-immflammitries, :)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 39