Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 14

Author Topic: Breast reduction anyone?  (Read 57995 times)

Joyce

Re: Breast reduction anyone?
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2010, 10:32:40 AM »

Oldteen, ouch for you!  I'm 36FF and feel pretty huge at that.  It is very uncomfortable isn't it?  Especially when the weather is warm.  Not many cotton bras out there, especailly for us bigger ladies.  Oh to be able to let it all hang loose!  ;D ;D Except it wouldn't look pretty!

Oldteen

« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2010, 01:08:29 PM »

Joyce, you're not wrong! ::)

niecsey

« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2010, 07:37:13 PM »

Just do it!!! Honest it gets worse the older you get!! I believe my time with overactive thyroid took all my muscles strength thats when the weakness started and l cant carry them anymore lm a 36ff!!  Ive pmd you honestly l am a right chicken and the thought of getting my boobs out in front of anyone horrifies me lol The op lm scared believe you me but if l can be rid of some of this pain it will be worth it lve just had  ahyeter and from what lve read its easier than that! I woke up with these Mamas one day as a teen theyve never been little lol l hid myself too. Im in so much pain today l know lm doing right thing l hope surgeon agrees!! x

Taz2

« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2010, 07:45:35 PM »

Niecsey - I hope that you get what you need and that the surgeon is sympathetic. However, I would think carefully about the effect surgery can have on fibro. It can lead to bad flare ups and the recovery time is often much longer than for healthy people. Don't want to worry you but any stress on the body is particular nasty when you suffer with fibro. I am sure you know this anyway but just thought I would mention it. My dentist wouldn't even do dental work until I had been flare-free for three months  :(

Taz x

niecsey

« Reply #19 on: May 20, 2010, 07:51:50 PM »

Taz ive had 2 big surgerys and 1 minor in less  than 3 years and l can honestly say they never bothered me fibro wise thankfully mine is defo not stress related l know through things that have happened...  this pain is so bad ld cut them off myself if l could :(  seriously if l pick them up with my hands the relief is instant!!! Its hard to explain remember lve already got spinal stuff going on too lve been tolds the straightening of the spine is caused by carrying them and l also have wear and tear to spine and both shoulders... l just wish l had done soemthing about it years ago instead of been embarrassed lm not expecting all my pain to go but the thought of some of it gone.............. bliss :) Thanks for your thoughtful reply much appreciated xxx

Taz2

« Reply #20 on: May 20, 2010, 11:46:49 PM »

That's ok - it is unusual though to have fibro which isn't made worse by stress. What is it that sets yours off if you don't mind me asking? I got told off last week for not mentioning at the meno clinic until the end. I made me realise that I should take notice of it a lot more than I do  :)

Taz x  :hug:

niecsey

« Reply #21 on: May 21, 2010, 07:24:43 AM »

I tend to have stomach issues when stressed gas etc the aches and pains come whatever l cannot say there stress related maybe they prolong if lm stressed out?  But l really cant say  if lm stressed l will be in pain... maybe if l didnt have the other stuff going on then then l could pick fibro symptoms triggers out more easily? You have to be careful cos alot of docs dont think fibro exsists and like to put down the things they dont understand or do not Know down as depression stress etc... especially in our age groups!! x

Taz2

« Reply #22 on: May 21, 2010, 04:47:19 PM »

I have never had any problems getting fibro help - it is only the name that has changed after all. Twenty years ago it was called fibrositis and has always been clinically recognised. If you have an M.E. diagnosis then it is more difficult to find the help I reckon.

I know I have got to cut something out of my life as I am getting more and more symptoms... the trouble is... what??

Taz x

niecsey

« Reply #23 on: May 21, 2010, 05:00:20 PM »

Hi Taz you must have a good doctor!! One rheumy l seen said fibro didnt exsist! It was 2nd rheumy 18 mth later that gave me the diagnosis, l find the younger docs tned to be more open minded.. others l think you get to your late 30's/40's and they just put your symptoms down to life and been a woman! x

Oldteen

« Reply #24 on: May 21, 2010, 07:31:56 PM »

I've just made an appointment to see my GP on June 1st. One small step... ;)

Taz2

« Reply #25 on: May 21, 2010, 07:49:14 PM »

I think that my first flare up was so severe that they couldn't fail to miss it! I didn't work for a year and couldn't even drive the eight miles to town whereas, before, I would quite happily do a 400 mile round trip in a day without even thinking about it. It was the rheumatologist who diagnosed it after ruling out other things but I exactly matched the criteria with all the trigger points in the right places - got something right for once  ;D ;D  that was ten years ago and though I have never managed to get back to walking my normal 5 to 6 miles at a time I have progressed to just over 2 and, considering that 8 years ago I could do just under half a mile I am well pleased!

I just don't treat it with the respect it needs  :-\

Good luck with your appointment Oldteen

Taz x

niecsey

« Reply #26 on: May 21, 2010, 09:00:06 PM »

YEAAA OLD TEEN :) GOOD LUCK IM WITH YA X If l can start this so can you !!!   If they agree to do this oor lives will be so much better :) My appointment with the plastic surgeon is 28th June l think... l will be a nervous wreck come the day  :o known my luck room will be full of students pmsl  ???  Hi Taz ;) x fibro is a real bugger isnt it? :( x Your right we push ourselves then pay for it!!!! I cant pace either very well.... something else l should do! xx

Oldteen

« Reply #27 on: May 22, 2010, 08:21:29 AM »

Niecsey,
Don't worry about students being there, you can always refuse to have them in the room.
I don't mind students. As they're new and keen they're interested in you and don't see you as a piece of meat as the old hands tend to do!

niecsey

« Reply #28 on: May 22, 2010, 12:05:15 PM »

No lol, they will see us as a big pair of boobies :) LOL xxx

Oldteen

« Reply #29 on: May 22, 2010, 01:25:12 PM »

You've just described my appearance: head, boobs, legs. There's a torso under there somewhere.... ;)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 14