Menopause Discussion > Other Health Discussion

Sore down below, with white patches

(1/1)

VioletAquarius:
For the past couple of days I've felt sore on and off down below, and sore when I sit.

Having looked, there are white patches and/or spots, right inside, at the very bottom, to each side, of the opening (hope I've explained that clearly).

Tried googling, but nothing is coming up apart from lichen sclerosis, however I don't believe it's that as it's not itching and it's not on the outside.

Does anyone have any ideas what it could be?

Unsure whether I should go the gp as an urgent same day or wait the 4 week routine appointment to see if it goes.

SarahT:
I had similar  but with the itching. They said  said possibly LS.  I was prescribed a steroid cream/gel which helped a lot.

Definitely see a gp. Why not call them, explain the problem and they can decide if it's an urgent or routine case?

jillydoll:
Hi
I had a white patch, and was told to use a steroid cream which cleared it up, also, she said not to use any perfumed soaps or shower gels down there, which I didn’t, so she told me use a derma wash.
I paid nearly 10 quid for it from the chemist, but all it gave me was an itchy rash. 😡 terrible stuff for me, but I know lots use it.
So I’m now using Yes intimate wash. Soooo much better.

But I agree with SarahT, you must get it checked out. It could be LS as that has white patches.

Xx

VioletAquarius:
Thank you ladies x

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version